Thursday, August 30, 2007

WHAT THE FRENCH TOAST?

I have this commercial that I love that has a string of phrases that cracks me up.......I tried to tape it one day because it kept coming on during the show I was watching and of course as soon as I went to do it it never came on again.....I am going to try to find it on youtube and post it. I am still trying to iron out the kinks on my page. The pictures and music are posted in tiny little spaces and look stupid. Be patient while I figure it out!!!!
Little League sports are an aspect of parenting I enjoy and hate at the same time. I love watching Jake and hope he has fun and is learning etc. etc. But I find it disturbing that parents and other parents and coaches are looking for the future major leaguers and NBA hopefuls and NFL players at such a young age. Kids are expected to excel at such a young age........when their bodies are still growing and minds are moving a mile a minute. There is a parent of a kid on Jake's football team that actually called his kid a puss for not running hard enough or tackling hard enough. We have spent so much time teaching our son not to hit..........which for a male is a natural thing to do.........and now it is hit and hit hard!!! Too much pressure for these kids at such a young age. I sincerely just want Jake to be a kind person with some major backbone in a world of sex, drugs and the quest for money and fame. And if he likes and does well at sports........bonus. A successful human being comes in all walks of life not just on the playing field and big money arenas........quite frankly a pro lifestyle is not something that I would want for him.
I am hoping to post some more pictures soon.............keeping it real, it's all good, peace out, go ahead envy me I'm a soul hip-hop queen but you already know me.........................

2 comments:

icanseeclearlynow said...

yes, i do NOT like those parents who are hard on kids that are just trying to enjoy their childhood.

i think i know which commercial you're talking about. i like it.

btw, i have this rascal flatts album. my favorite is "broken road".

:)

Nikki said...

WOW!!!! Thank you so much for leaving a comment!! I am soooo happy..........I love broken road too it is a great son!! I found the commercial and posted it....I checked out your page and it is so beautiful you are much better at this than I am....I am going to spens some more time there tomorrow and read your stuff!!! thanks again........