Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11 ...........WE REMEMBER

I am not a morning person. I never have been. It takes me a while to get moving and I completely come alive at night. September 11 2001, I was completely asleep and so was my son and my husband was at work. The phone started ringing off the hook and it was bothering me so bad I went and grabbed the phone and shoved it under the couch cushion. After a few minutes it started to bother me that I did that since it was still ringing, so i went and finally answered it. It was Rob and he said "turn on the TV we are under attack" and my response was disbelief. I turned on the TV in just enough time to see the Towers fall to the ground. I remember shouting that there were people in those buildings!!!! It was an awful sight.
Why does it take a tragedy to bring a nation together. Our differences are dividing us. For this day I am dedicating my blog to the many men and women overseas fighting for our freedom. For I believe they truly are in a noble and necessary fight. I am also dedicating it to those of you who are befriending your neighbor, saying hello to the grocery store clerk, letting someone cut in front of you in your car, waving to a person you don't know, treating someone with kindness rather than impatience. Make this day as it was where we all came together. Treat people kindly.
I am so proud of my son who had someone at school who was picking on him and treating him badly. I suggested inviting the kid over to play so they could become friends. He reluctantly did it. And it turned out great!! This kid thought that my son was stealing his best friend because they had become friends, and this is the reason for the bad treatment. Now they can all be friends!!! Reach out to someone today and lets make the world a better place.........................

6 comments:

icanseeclearlynow said...

hi nikki. what a great post! and what a great response you had to your son's predicament.

yes, today we remember sad events (everyday, actually- the war is a constant reminder). kindness reaps kindness. so let's hope there are more moms like you out there raising the bar.

:)

Nikki said...

Thank you so much for your responses Maria.........I never know if I am suppose to respond to your posts on my page or pay it forward to your page so I will try to do both. Thank you for reading my page and I look forward to more conversation!!

icanseeclearlynow said...

hey nikki, either or. there are no set rules that i know of. lately i've been blogging in "random thoughts" section in case you ever want to pop in there.

http://icanseemea.blogspot.com/

later gator.

:)

Snowmomutah said...

Thanks for your blog on Sept 11. I agree! We need to remember and we need to learn from it. And we need educate our children about this event that impacted our country and sense of security. We take our freedom and country for granted, that is for sure.

That is really great about Jake and his friend.

Did the Richards polish off the Chicken Chilli? It was mmmmm good! Sorry I disappeared, I wasn't feeling very good!

Is our pool/jacuzzi opening tomorrow or what?! I feel a nightly tradition in the making.

Nikki said...

Thanks for reading my post Amy!!! You are the coolest neighbor EVER!!!! We have so few days to pow wow out front it is time to break out the fire pit!!! Maybe this weekend......The Richards finished off 2 of the 3 crock pots so come on over and get some chili chili chili..........do you love me?? Anyway chickie pooh I hope you are feeling better and perhaps a skinny dip or a chunky dunk should be our new tradition!!!! LET"S GO TO LUNCH SOON!!!!!

Nikki said...

Thanks for reading my post Amy!!! You are the coolest neighbor EVER!!!! We have so few days to pow wow out front it is time to break out the fire pit!!! Maybe this weekend......The Richards finished off 2 of the 3 crock pots so come on over and get some chili chili chili..........do you love me?? Anyway chickie pooh I hope you are feeling better and perhaps a skinny dip or a chunky dunk should be our new tradition!!!! LET"S GO TO LUNCH SOON!!!!!