Wednesday, September 12, 2007

THE VIEW DISCUSSING MORMONISM AND MITT ROMNEY TODAY................

I am a Mormon. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I realize there are many misconceptions about my church. HOWEVER......with self proclaimed liberals and African American women who have NO DOUBT experienced prejudice and IGNORANCE in their life I am shocked and extremely disappointed in a show that debates topics for entertainment and the research done had to be NONE AT ALL!!! It could NOT have been a more ignorant conversation. It could not have been more FALSE. It was a display of prejudice and ignorance. I was floored. I haven't watched the show for quite some time mostly because of Rosie and because there is not a strong showing of a conservative opinion. No offense to Elizabeth. I watched today because I saw a report of a book that Rosie wrote slamming Barbra Walters and was curious about the reaction.
The topic was about polygamy and whether or not the polygamy cloud would affect his presidential bid. It was brought up that perhaps he was hiding another wife and once he won the presidency he would bring "Laquicia" out of the closet to surprise us that he has another wife. Let me just state for the record that these organizations that practice polygamy ARE NOT PART OF THE EXISTING MORMON CHURCH. If you practice polygamy you are immediately EXCOMMUNICATED. If you practice polygamy you are not MORMON. These people belong to their own CHURCH. PLEASE GET A CLUE AND STOP BEING SO IGNORANT. Mitt Romney is not a polygamist he has one wife and none in the closet. He would be excommunicated. And NO WHOOPI we don't practice it secretly. Ask any Mormon woman if she has any interest in sharing her husband. Do your research and educate yourselves. It is no more acceptable to accuse Mormons of practicing polygamy than to accuse Jewish people of still killing people for breaking the sabbath. Polygamy was ended over 100 years ago and some people decided to continue and start their own churches. Like the Baptists did when the Catholic Church ended baptism by immersion. UNBELIEVABLE.......................typical Hollywood idiots.

3 comments:

Amber said...

You Go Nikki, I was blogsurfing and came upon your blog. I too am LDS and happened to see that part of the View today and was thoroughly upset that INTELLIGENT, INFORMED ladies such as they are where neither informed nor intelligent on this subject. Maybe they should pick a topic they know something about next time.

And to add, I don't think the "Monica" comment was out of line either. It points out that whether an individual practices polygamy or not doesn't mean they only have one 'woman'.

Nikki said...

Thank you Amber for reading and commenting on my post........I still am in shock and I am writing an email to Barbara Walters and sending her a link to my blog!!!

Snowmomutah said...

I'd like to see some research on a wife having multiple husbands, secretly of course. I think this is a much better solutions. I wonder if it's a possible future sect. We could call it the RADLDS church. As in the joke my grandma sent me, sums it up perfectly:

Five tips for a woman....
1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.
2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.
3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to You.
4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.
5 . It is important that these four men don't know each other.