Monday, October 29, 2007

Bill Maher on Mormonism and Religion in Politics

Some of you might wonder why I am posting this since it is quite negative towards Mormons, However I think it is important to show the igonorance of people on television. Bill Maher is sooooooo completely wrong he has ignorantly made himself a liar. My faith is under attack right now because of Mitt Romneys candidacy and I just wonder why people care. Did I care that George is a Methodist or that Bill Clinton is whatever he is, no. But it is freaky to hear a talk show host talk about a religion in such a manor. Members of the church may have held those psychotic beliefs back in the day but don't hold a religion accountable for the idiocy of a few of its members. That would be like saying all muslims are Islamo Fascists and we all know the PC police would have no part of that. At least have an educated practicing Mormon to dispute any misconceptions. The Anti-Defamation League has gone after plenty of people on behalf of LDS People for defamation of character. Its what we Mormons call anti-mormon. I have seen it all of my life. This is nothing new. But I expect more from someone who has a public mouthpiece. But then again Bill Maher is on cable.

4 comments:

icanseeclearlynow said...

nikki, i watched only the first 15 seconds of this clip and then i had to stop. sorry, but i don't like bill maher. he annoys the sh*t out of me (scuse my english).

nah! you should not expect more from a public mouthpiece. like you said, he's on cable!

later gator.

:)

Nikki said...

I guess I meant that I expect someone who acts like an expert to actually do some research. But you are right, I expected too much. No love lost and it was difficult for me to watch as well. no apologies necessary........he sucks.
Nik

icanseeclearlynow said...

hey nikki HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! yaaayyyyhh!! it's time to give out the goodies!! give you little guy a hug and a kiss for me! doorbell ringing time- WOO-HOO!!

=D

maria

Nikki said...

Thanks Maria!! Happy Halloween to you too. I would be happy to give Jake a smooch from you. Hope your training went well and it is great to have you back! I will type at ya soon........BOO!!
Nikki