Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Come to HEYSOOSE......of sorts

I feel as though I have reached a milestone in my life. At a very young age, I would say jr. high, I became a HUGE Barbra Streisand fan. For years I would buy all her albums, the good ones and the ones that sucked and LOVED them ALL. I would make my own tapes of all of my favorite songs and listen to them in my convertible rabbit turned up for the world to hear me singing "Putting it together, bit by bit". I went to Israel study abroad with BYU and had my Barbra tapes along with my U2 tapes, my other musical obsession. I would sing "Stoney End" with my Walkman earphones on and drive the other students nuts on our field trips in the Holy Land. It was while I was in Israel that I became very interested in politics. Upon returning home from this semester abroad I had finally decided on a major in college, Political Science, and also had decided to serve a mission for my church. It was when I returned from my mission that I had read a few articles written in some women's magazines by my idol Barbra, that I realized her political views were completely polar opposite to mine. This may be immature but I stopped listening to Babs because of her political views, not to mention her complete disdain for people of my political persuasion. I was devastated. Good-bye to all my Babs tapes, albums and movies! I had shut her off completely in the world of Nikki's music kingdom, where she used to reign. This grudge has been held until now!! And I am 40 years old. I was 23 when the rift began...........I am happy to report that I have downloaded all of my favorite Barbra songs on my itunes and have downloaded them to my ipod! I have moved passed the bitterness and have decided to recognize the extreme talent that she possesses!! My sister will probably throw-up at my singing loudly the Broadway album once again..........but I feel a reunion is overdue!!! So if Babs can keep her LAME politics to herself we can be together...........if not, well I will do my best to ignore her mental IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY................................And for such a huge freaking liberal democrat what is up with the prices of her concerts? Doesn't she realize that the working man in which she claims to be an advocate can't afford to go to her friggin concerts!!! It is only rich snobby republicans or rich snobby liberal movie-stars that are there to kiss her lame rich A** ...........I mean come on Barbra, hypocrisy isn't very becoming for such a loud mouth!! And with that off my chest its..............Memories like the corner of my mind.................I'm a grown up now!!!

4 comments:

icanseeclearlynow said...

hey nikki, by now your other readers may think i'm just sucking up to you with my comments. but, NOT SO. i also really like babs a lot. i like her for her BIG beautiful voice, and her movies AND she's from brooklyn like me.

funny how our outlooks can become clearer and sharper as we grow up.

later gator.

:)

Nikki said...

I had no idea you were from Brooklyn........I thought I detected an accent in some of your posts!!!haha
Nikki

Nikki said...

I had no idea you were from Brooklyn........I thought I detected an accent in some of your posts!!!haha
Nikki

Nikki said...

oops I did it again...double post