Monday, December 31, 2007

Finishing Award Post

OK so I am finally finishing my award post that I got from my friend Maria. Her blog is such a great read and she is so great for passing it on to me, I am honored. I am going to pass along this award to someone who is then encouraged to post the picture on their blog and pass it along. But first I am going to give 3 reasons of what I believe is a strong powerful writer. I only have one person in mind for the award since I don't have too many blogger friends that like to rattle the chains like I do. All Of the blogs I visit are unique and excellent in their own way. Here is what I consider to be a powerful writer:
1. Accurate: I believe a person must do their homework when writing something controversial
or informational. There are so many opinions based on what the media would like us to see and a person must be fair and accurate in order to have credibility.

2. Unafraid: Have courage to say what you truly believe and be who you truly are. Regardless of what may transpire, words are strong and sometimes the unpopularity of what is said takes guts.

3. Passion: have passion about what you are writing and it will always make a mediocre writer into an amazing writer and the reader will always feel the umph behind the words. Hard core emotion will always draw a connection between writer and reader.

So these are the things that I believe create a strong and powerful writer. So without further adieu I announce my nomination for the roar for powerful words award to: Anthony Palmer at 7-10: Palmer on Politics http://www.theseventen.com Anthony is an amazing writer. He has so much going on that he probably won't see this award for over a week!! He is extremely detailed in his writing and has such a classy blog. He is great to challenge an idea without a personal attack and his blog is one of my favorites that I visit every day!!! I also learn something every time I visit his blog. Congrats Anthony you are awarded the roar for powerful words!!! He will for sure be seen on a major network somewhere giving a detailed political analysis soon!!

3 comments:

icanseeclearlynow said...

hi nikki! i LIKE your three things A LOT! and i totally agree with them. i also like your pick for this award. though i'm not into politics, i have enjoyed popping over to anthony's page and reading his blog on a few occasions. excellent writer and i love a writer who does their homework! congratulations anthony!

later gator.

:)

and have a HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

love,

maria

Anthony Palmer said...

Hello, Nikki.

Well, it took me two days to find this post. I was quite shocked, but it is very much appreciated. Thank you so much for your kind words and praise. Knowing there are people out there who are looking forward to what I write keeps me on my toes! But really, thank you for being such a loyal reader and for faithfully offering your constructive comments.

Unfortunately, I go back to work on Thursday, so it'll be a bit harder for me to update the blog, but I'll keep scouring the news for stuff to write about. Hopefully the folks over at CNN are paying attention!

Here's to a happy and prosperous 2008!

Nikki said...

Congrats Anthony you deserve it!!
N :)