Wednesday, December 5, 2007

What is up with dirty old MEN?

OK so I am at Wal-Mart with my 9 YEAR OLD SON mind you, and this OLD MAN comes up to me and says............let me just preface this by saying that I am all for sexual harassment especially for people over 40. We need the attention in our mid-life stage and it is welcomed ALMOST always. I have been sexually harassed before. Of course when I was much younger but let's just say it is fewer and farther between nowadays........which is FINE !! I don't count all the wrinkles and step on the scale regularly, though I probably should, I gauge myself by my clothes and how they feel. I fluctuate weight like a FRIGGIN hot air balloon and it is fine with me as long as I can ZIP UP MY PANTS!! I mention this because I don't think I am a HOTTY! I am NOT trying to be! I suppose I could be if I wanted to, but I don't have time to be so self-obsessed. That is why we have movie stars and models they can be the HOTTIES! I am fine just being an average semi-cute mom with an over active mouth. That is who I am and I like me this way. So back to my story. Jake was in the car and I was loading the groceries into the trunk and this OLD man comes up to me and says "hey tell your hairdresser that dumb looks great on you" and I said "excuse me?" and he said it again "tell your hairdresser that dumb looks great on you" I shook my head and said "are you saying I am dumb?" and he said "No but your hair is blond, get it" and I laughed and said "oh OK as long as the "dumb" is a sort of compliment then I guess that's fine" and he said "well I can't compliment what I wanted to or you would sue me" and he got in his car and left. I have been shaking my head ever since. Am I so old that old men think I am THEIR age? Did he think he was MY AGE? I don't think I am flattered nor do I feel violated I am just going "HUH?" But I guess at my age I should just take even the most ridiculous compliment or all the DIRTY OLD MAN LUST I can get, because I am STILL not used to the "ma'am" treatment at the grocery store. I still need the "babe" treatment. I guess the only thing left to say is "Yep, I still got it!" At least for the seniors!!!

7 comments:

ba and the boys said...

ok...A. you are a hottie! ask rob! and 2. that is the weirdest comment i have ever heard. utah people are strange.

icanseeclearlynow said...

hi nikki! wowee! what a story! i love stories like this cuz human behavior is FASCINATING! you can't make this stuff up!

you still got it girlie! i think you're being modest. you're MORE than semi-cute, nik.

later gator.

Anonymous said...

Nikki, I know what this guy wanted to comment on -like all other men out there. The real question is- was he cute at all?
I'm suprised you arent addressing the Romney- religion issue. I need some political therapy!-Susan

Nikki said...

BA-Rob HAS to think I am cute he really has no choice in the matter!!! OK so he has a choice but he knows where his bread is buttered and it is saying ALL THE RIGHT THINGS!!! hahaha

Maria-you can't make this stuff up and I remember thinking right after it happened "yea!! something to blog about!!" lol

Susan-unfortunately he was too old to have any sort of cute scale.......I suppose if I were Anna Nicole I could see some hotness in this person or if I were into SNOWBIRDS. BUMMER. I am going to blog about this Mitt Romney crap today......I do have a bee in my bonnet and here comes an outlet in the form of a blog rant..........

Anonymous said...

I don't believe this story! I don't think all the old guys trolling around the malls and walmarts to scam on young mom's doing xmas shopping with their kids are perverts! are they? ummm yeah they are! look at 'em. I'm surprised he didn't offer to "pack your groceries for you"
keep it up.

Nikki said...

that's what she said........

Nikki said...

that was for anonymous and if you don't watch the office you will probably be offended.........sorry