Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday.....NOT SO SUPER


Things are not looking so good for Mitt Romney. I was feeling bitter and discouraged until I heard Obama speak, and kudos to my state for kicking out a win for Mitt and Obama. Obama is feeling confident as he went after the phants in his speech tonight. I disliked his malevolent tone towards the Bush administration. His "what has been done" speech left me with a bad taste in my mouth. What has he done but give pretty speeches? He can't even show up to vote on legislation. And so he maligns the current administration and sanctimoniously takes on a foreign policy of appeasement?! WOW! He is going to sit down with our enemies leaders and smooth talk them! WOW! Does he not realize this has been a failed policy in the past? Clinton was responsible for recognizing and having a dialog with Yasser Arafat turning him into a legitimate leader. This emboldened Palestinian terrorists and Israel turned into a war zone once again after his Presidency. I was going to have trouble supporting McCain. Not anymore. The Obama speech tonight was like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I had a certain amount of respect for Obama. Tonight he was an arrogant junior Senator, with very little accomplishment in the senate, touting a "holier than thou" message of self-aggrandizement. I usually listen to his speeches in amazement and admiration. Not tonight. I was ticked and in a big way. He reminded me of why I am a conservative. In my opinion he is the worst possible choice for America based soley on his foreign policy positions. His approach in dealing with those who are so evil they would strap a bomb to a down-syndrome woman for a suicide mission, is unbelieveably naive and dangerously idiotic. Yes I can support John McCain if he or Hill/Bill are my other option. Barack Hussein Obama officially creeped me out tonight. I would still love to see him defeat the Hill/Bill machine, but I can't be positive anymore about the Obamanator. The LOVE fest is over. AND I AM OUT........

16 comments:

Mike said...

Hey, Nikki. Great post! However, I would like to mention that the Israel/Palestine thing blew up after Bush decided to take a "hands-off" approach to the situation (in other words, he didn't want to deal with anything Clinton had started, so he ignored the problem as long as he could.) Also, I understand your criticism of Obama's plan for diplomacy. However, I'd say that the Bush Doctrine of preemptive war and snubbing all of our allies as well as our enemies has done more harm than good.

Nikki said...

Hey there Mike......with regards to Palestine, the terrorists were emboldened in my opinion because of Clintons acceptance of Yasser.....the suicide bombings supplemented by Saddam Hussein gave them morale and a sense that someone, Bill Clinton, was hearing their crimes as political unrest and not the evil practice that it is. Bush cut Yasser off as he should. The biggest winner of the Iraq war is Israel and the other side of this argument is of course the current Prime Minister being open to a Palestinian state. Bush and the Iraq war should be credited for this possibility. I am not a big Palestinian state supporter mainly because of the economic problems and terrorist support of the current regime. Peace in this region is essential to a broader middle east stabilization and the Iraq war is the central battle in this conflict. Arabic nations supporting Israel as a nation is Americas and the worlds best hope for peace. We all know this is the core of the issue and small battles of sactions aren't working. The war on terror goes farther and deeper than hating Americans. They hate us because we support Israel. And we should!
the Bush Doctrine is not pre-emptive. After 9/11 threats were taken in a different light. Seriously. thanks for the comment!! hope your novel is coming along!!!
Nikki

icanseeclearlynow said...

hi guys. you know what my take is? where the HELL were all my friggin tv shows last night?!

*giggle*

:)

maria

Nikki said...

Maria I am with you!! After a while I was so depressed I was channel flipping looking for ANYTHING!!! I just went to bed after my blog rant......:)Nikki

icanseeclearlynow said...

btw, nik re: israel/palestine, it's natural for you to blame clinton for the outcome there; by the same token, it's natural for mike (and myself of course) to blame clinton. i don't think there's anyway to put a finger on the real cause without inviting the terrorist for a heart to heart over a cup of coffee.

for the record i STILL think bush is a stinkin moron. but i must confess nik, i agree with you on some things you said about obama. his speeches are laced with a loftiness that make my heart race a little.

later gator.

:)

maria

Nikki said...

Hey Maria.....for the record I must clarify that I don't blame Clinton for the Arab/Israeli conflict itself, that would be extremely ignorant since it has been going on for decades......I only credit Clinton for the surge in terrorist confidence by recognizing Yasser as a legit leader. He is not responsible for the conflict as Bush is also not responsible. Just clarifying my stance on that....thanks for the challenge. :)Nikki

Anonymous said...

No Comment-

Just wanted to say hi.
D

Nikki said...

Hi Dawn. miss you. :)Nik

Freadom said...

Great post. There are a lot of people I've talked with who appear to be Obama supporters. We can only hope McCain can convince them otherwise.

The Denneys said...

I agree. Super Tuesday left me Super Disappointed!

King Coby said...

There goes Mitt. Us Donkeys are happy as larks today. The REBS dont stand a chance. poor ole REBS. Now what are they going to do? I guess we arent going to invade Iran after all. Boo Hoo

Nikki said...

That is where you are wrong KC.You should be more afraid of a moderate like John MCain......he beats both your candidates in national polls, some by 12 points. Mitt Romney lost by a landslide. Libs and dems like McCain and republicans will rally to keep the 2 libs out of the white house. yep your gonna win.

Gone to lunch said...

good post. I was disappointed with Obama's speech. In fact, I don't get why when these guys/girls spend 18 hours a day 'on the stump' with the same tag lines...how come they all need notes and teleprompters to talk to a room full of THEIR people, who LIKE them, and are there to cheer for them?? because they can't talk openly!they're politicians! or they might get run through the 'spin-cycle' for the next week over saying the wrong word. Politics are addicting, but politicians suck! btw-I wonder if King Coby runs up and uses his 3rd grade teachers computer while he's gone to the office? I guess the good news is it will be 2020 before he is old enough to take those knowledgable opinions to the voting booth.

King Coby said...

Lol! Very nice little jab there Out to Lunch! By the way.......Leave the door open at your safe lil suburban home this evening and I will be more than happy to use your computer! Rebs are Rebs need more be said? Idiots on the bible thumping pulpit hypocrites all! I respect skinheads more than conservative politicos. Thieves all of em. Hope your life savings goes straight down the tank with your loyalty to a Goverment machine that will soon be disassembled. They lost control of the house, the senate and soon the white House. Go suck an egg with Limbaugh! By the way leave a sandwich by the nightstand in case I get hungry! I would puke on your floor but then your illegal housekeeper would have to clean it up! Can't do that to the help can I?

King Coby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nikki said...

I love the go suck an egg argument!! it is one of my favs.