Tuesday, May 20, 2008

FALSE MEDIA REPORTS

My boyfriend George Bush is not happy with the media. The White House dialed up the Never Been Correct(NBC)national news station to "set the record straight" on what they called a "deceitful" editing of comments made by the President in an interview with Richard Engel about whether his comments in Israel were directed at Barack Obama. When the comment appeared on all the NBC biggie shows it went like this "You know, my policies haven't changed, but evidently the political calendar has ... And when, you know, a leader of Iran says that they want to destroy Israel, you've got to take those words seriously." The part that was left out was "People need to read the speech. You didn't get it exactly right, either. What I said was that we need to take the words of people seriously." The White House has asked that a full showing of the comment without editing be shown so people can be informed and make up their own minds. Supposedly this is a regular occurrence for the Bush White House to have to constantly ward off false reports and to write letters of grievance to most news agencies. I am sure it is the same with all Presidents. I have often thought the media, though a huge necessity to our democracy, is biased and lazy in their reporting. We all know what happens to a News agency that tries to display all points of view, they are called conservative, conservative meaning negative and inaccurate. Faux News Network comes to mind. Far be it for talking head entertainment style news shows to advocate many sides of an argument. I am sure the liberal media would prefer just one side of an issue be shown and then misrepresent the retarded baby brother President. Now that's journalism!

7 comments:

Thinking Sage said...

I think your right on.
The media is definitely biased and lazy. I do suspect though that every white house has to defend itself against false accusations.

Mike said...

Maybe George needs to man up and stop whining about how the media is out to get him. :)

DB said...

Mike, haven't you learned anything? Conservatives don't wine about anything! Wining is reserved for liberals.

Nikki said...

Sage, I agree its the same all around...annoying little media people. :)N


DB and Mike, are you guys chest bumping without my being able to see it? As long as you guys aren't making out I am fine with the celebration. Just kidding. touche. I hate saying that...But George is sending his cronie Ed Gillespie to do his whining for him. What you need to understand is conservatives fight back and liberals whine and that is how it will always be on this blog I am biased and admit to my one sided approach. haha. love it guys.you got me. :)N

Khaki Elephant said...

Amen, DB. Why whine when you have guns and religion?

DB said...

LMAO, at least we can all laugh at how stupid this game actually is! In the end, I would crack open a beer with anyone, regardless of views or beliefs (unless they are total douchebags regardless of their thoughts).

Nikki said...

Could I have a diet coke DB? I am a rebel but not that big of one. You guys could load up on the brewskies and I could ask you incriminating question and LMAO! good times. :)N