Friday, May 30, 2008

MOVIE STARS MOVING IF McCAIN ELECTED...AGAIN


WOOHOO! Get the hell out! Susan Sarandon is the first of many who will move to Canada or Italy if John McCain is elected. She says "It's a critical time, but I have faith in the American people." She also says about her supporting Barack Obama and not Hillary "I thought the whole point of feminism is that you're not supposed to be defined by gender. I don't understand the reasoning behind that, because I wouldn't vote for Condoleezza Rice, and I hated Margaret Thatcher." I have always liked Susan Sarandon. She has a lot of class and has set herself a part from a lot of the younger actresses. Her politics have always sucked. What I don't understand about liberals is their "doomsday" approach to the country when conservatives are in power. I have lived in states with democrats running the joint and didn't fall into a sewer and die. I have also lived under democratic Presidents and didn't spontaneously combust. Now libs don't get all self-righteous and elitist and say its because your ideas are superior. They aren't. Quite frankly your ideals remain in a vacuum and that is where you live. It is hilarious how these people react to differing opinions. I AM pointing my finger and am calling her a NON PATRIOT. She will get all BUTT hurt and so will others, but I find her statement offensive. Get a grip Susan. Should I move to Austrailia if Barack Obama is President? I can handle liberal views, but I expect my views to be handled as well. She is not tolerant nor is she a good American. As a republican and a McCain supporter I feel I can't support her movies. If she feels so sick about my views that it makes her want to move to a different country then I will not throw her my tiny republican buck. She will be fine. My little tantrum about her stupid comment will be of no consequence to her money making and fame. But I feel better to say that she SUCKS, as do the rest of her Hollywood buddies who think their opinions matter more than us regular folks. You don't speak for me. And yea, move already. I'd like to see far less liberals living here. Now THAT would be Utopia!

16 comments:

ba and the boys said...

once again, actors sould just act. i expect them to vote,but i expect that of any american citizen. but just because they are voting for obama, doesnt mean it needs to be in my face.
besides, dont you all know that if obama becomes president, snl will be in big trouble...the actor doing him now sucks.

Sandi said...

Oh, great! now all those people who don't like Susan Sarandon will vote for McCain just so she leaves!! Of course, when she needs health care or a pedicure, she'll sneak across the border. It's sad that what a celebrity thinks would sway a person's vote. Like they're such role models!

Mike said...

If you Republicans hate actors so much, why did you get all weak-kneed over Reagan? Shouldn't you have been spitting on him, as well? Shouldn't you be having petition drives to get Schwarzeneggar recalled? Maybe you should drive to DC and tell Chuck Hagel to get the hell out. Did you guys flip Fred Thompson the bird when he was running?

Or is it only liberal actors who should stfu?

Nikki said...

Mike, I would like to trade in Awnold I don't think he is conservative, he is liberal in my book. I don't remember feeling weak kneed over Reagan. I also don't remember Chuck Hagel being an "A" list actor with a platform nor Fred Thompson...oops forgot that in Hollywood you better STFU if you are conservative because you won't get a job or you'll get fired...Yep Hollywood is kind to diverse thought...NOT. Give me an actor worth a crap that is conservative. I mean a HOT BOD actor that hasn't been run out of lib town, that sits on the A throne. I didn't even know Chuck Hagel was an actor in a previous life. Susan Sarandon should run for office and then she can spew all she wants, she still can, I personally will give her some slack on the blog because it would be her job to opine. I would still make fun of her though.
But what I do like is the feisty snarkiness in your comment...woohoo, kicking up some butt bugs!! and BTW, yes liberal actors should STFU! it makes me not like them anymore and then I throw up a little while I am trying to watch their retarded movies. free speech all the way, free blog rant after the lame speech all the way! its a win win. :)N

Nikki said...

BA...yep it AGAIN! the SNL and the Mad TV both kind of suck. Though the mad tv guy is way better than the snl guy. :)N

Sandi, didn't think of the back fire...I think you may have something there! keep talking dumb celebs! :)N

Mike said...

Nikki, Clint Eastwood donated $2,300 to the McCain campaign. Ben Stein donated $2,500 to Saint John. Rip Torn? $2,300. That's right, THE Rip Torn. Dick Van Patten is in for $1,740. Those guys are all pure A-List. (Well, at least Eastwood.) :)

Nikki said...

Mike, LOL, I will give you Clint...but the rest? I think there are probably a lot more conservatives that we are unaware of, but speaking out would be a problem unless you plan on getting a job on the fox news network. I think Dick Van Patten may be Mormon...Hey where are those idiotic Osmonds? hehe :)N

Freadom said...

It seems to be mainly liberals who threaten to leave the country, though, because liberals (by most polling data) are the most unhappy with their country and are generally more gloomy all the way around. I'd hate to be that miserable all the time. And of course, when things go wrong, it's republican's fault all the time.

If all the liberals who have threatened to leave the U.S. in the last 20 years did so lived up to their promise, McCain would win in a landslide.

Great rant Nikki. This should be posted on the front page of the NYTs. But it won't because it's a conservative opinion.

Nikki said...

Hey thanks Freadom...wouldn't that be funny being on the front of the NYT's. Talk about a freak out deep breathing episode. A lot of meditating! Rosie standing on her head, Bab's swearing and wearing her Bush mask, Sean Penn banging his head against a wall. It would be mayhem. LOVE IT! :)N

namaste said...

hey nik, nice post about the threatening defectors. very disappointing. and i totally agree with you sandi, susan will be sneaking across the border for her american luxuries. hypocrite.

umm... freadom, some of my views might be considered liberal. but i am far from gloomy and miserable. i love this country and am thankful to be a part of most of what it offers. just thought you should know that not all liberals are whiney babies.

;)

~m

Nikki said...

Maria, you are so not a whiney baby. A very well balanced view of life and politics IMO...And well balanced people are not gloomy and miserable! :)N

Political Realm said...

I don't have a problem with actors or other famous people sharing their political views. They have the platform--we gave it to them--so why not use it how they want. It is stupid, however, for people like Susan Sarandon to talk about leaving the country if McCain wins. That's juvenile and silly. "I'm taking my ball and going home!"

thedailyelephant said...

hah. yea. i remember when barbara steisand said she was moving to canada when bush got it. i was really hoping she's stick to her word. but unfortunately they probably realize without this country they wouldn't be paid the millions upon millions of dollars that they are for the stupid jobs they have

thedailyelephant said...

oh yea, i think rosie o donnell said she was moving last election too. boy that would have been a super big loss.

Nikki said...

Hey there political realm...you stated that very well, go ahead and speak up but don't be a baby about it! thanks for stopping by! its great to hear from you. :)N

Daily elephant, I am glad you posted with the link to your name. People should check out your blog it is sooooo great! Rosie is one I would be willing to petition to get rid of...psycho! thanks for the comment...:)N

Khaki Elephant said...

My favorite Sarandon political moment was when her man, John Edwards, dropped out of the race and she decided to support Obama. Here explanation?

"I think he definitely has convinced people that he stands for change and for hope, and I can't wait to see what he stands for.”

While most of us wait to see what somebody stands for before support them, not so with this Einstein. Only "Bull Durham" keeps me from loathing her . . . well, that and the fact that I have a loving heart.