Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Inexperience is a Racist "Label"


According to Obama, if you call him inexperienced you are only doing so because he is black. Fine. Let's examine his record. After graduating from Harvard law School, Barack became a community organizer. He basically sent people door to door to campaign for certain populist ideas for community programs. Not such a bad thing. But any one of us could have done that at one point or another so not such a great thing either. From 1997-2004 he was a civil rights attorney and also taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago. I had a few constitutional law classes and the professors were not Presidential material but, we will call it experience nonetheless. Ran for a seat in the House of Representatives unsuccessfully in 2000, and then ran for the Senate in 2003, received 70% of the vote in November of '04 and was elected. He was a key note speaker in the '04 democratic convention and was considered an up and coming star in the democratic party. According to Wikipedia:
As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, he cosponsored legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds. He also made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In the current 110th Congress, he has sponsored legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel. Since announcing his presidential campaign in February 2007, Obama has emphasized ending the war in Iraq, increasing energy independence, decreasing the influence of lobbyists, and promoting universal health care as top national priorities."
An impressive resume? Somewhat. Typical? Yes. Extraordinary? No. Let's not forget that most of the time that Obama has been a Senator, was spent writing a book "The Audacity of Hope" and running for President. He has never solely sponsored a bill, and he has missed over 166 votes in the 2 years of actual service in the Senate. He has voted 96% of the time with his party and has had many a gaffe in the primary running up to his presumption as the democratic nominee. I don't see anything extraordinary about his record that would cause me to be a racist at adopting the idea that Obama is inexperienced. He is. Fine bring up all the other inexperienced numb nuts that have held the Presidency. No one was called a racist for pointing it out. It would seem to me that Obama is not only playing the race card, but he is also trying to intimidate voters and the media from criticizing him on this legitimate point. Not only do I think he is inexperienced, I also think he is kicking it lame school by trying to get some guilt votes. These votes are going to be from democrats who are still grief stricken at Hillary not getting the nod. He is setting us back 30 years by claiming that "the man" is still the republican party and its constituents. Thanks for keeping the man down.
I watched a guy on Fox news yesterday who actually said that if people would listen to Obama's message with more "sophistication and nuance" they we would have no choice but to vote for him. Yea, I am giving that guy the stink eye. Sorry dude for not listening more sophisticated like, I am a home skillet and can't make out some of them big words Obamar is usin'. I just ain't as learned as him. Dumb it down for me Barack. Obama is inexperienced and he has no intention of reaching out to republicans, he only wants their mis-guided votes so he can nuance them into his point of view. I think he is an arrogant Jr. Senator who has done absolutely nothing to deserve, not only the Presidency of the United States, but the celebrity status he is enjoying now. How lame is America that we go GA-GA for a person with very little accomplishment. I guess Tickle me Elmo was just as popular and we got tired of his whiny 3 year old voice. Obama is the ultimate intimidator and micro-manager. He is the Madonna of the political world. Great at marketing mediocre talent. Yep, that's what I said. Deal with it. Graduates from Harvard are a dime a dozen. Quite frankly I don't like liberal schools who kick out Harvardy mouthed self-aggrandized puppets who call republicans racists. Oh, and did I mention I'm part Cherokee Indian? That must be why some of you disagree with me so often. We just aren't speaking the same language or maybe our sophistication levels don't match. Please try to comment with nuance when addressing this post.

9 comments:

namaste said...

well done, nik. you laid it out quite nicely. his inexperience shouts scariness. that has always been my issue with him. he's made too many judgement flubs for my taste. but i'm not losing any sleep over him winning in november. we'll just have to wait and see. lol! on tickle-me-obama.

btw, trust me the honeymoon with him and the press is gonna come to a screeching halt. leave it to obama. he will shoot himself in the foot with all his race card pulling nonsense. give him enuf time, he ALWAYS makes a gaffe. haha.

Mustang said...

Excellent, Nikki.

If people would listen to Obama's message with more "sophistication and nuance . . ." then McCain would win a landslide victory. Today I listened to Durban the Turban say the same thing. Now I have to ask (even if rhetorically), since Obama has surrounded himself with Madeline Albrecht, David Boren, Warren Christopher, Greg Craig, Richard Danzig (genesis of the Pooh Policy), Lee Hamilton, Eric Holder, Tony Lake, Sam Nunn, William Perry, and little Timmy Roemer – WHERE IS THE CHANGE?

Obama is a zero with erased edges. But what do I know? I’m white.

Sandi said...

Interesting post. I understand that he lacks the experience, but I guess I just don't feel as negatively about that as you do. Wish McCain were less Bush-like.

Karen said...

Nuance? As you know by now, I don't do nuance! Obama is still an empty suit, a jewel for his p.r. team, a good speech maker but sucks off teleprompter, and a habitual exaggerator. He's been caught in another lie - this one concerning the "getting to know me" video ad. He re-introduces himself to the viewer and references a bill he alleges he voted in favor of concerning supporting the troops and their families. Problem is, he wasn't there that day. He was one of 6 Senators that was absent.

McCain may be many things, but Bush's third term he is not. That's why the conservative wing of the Republican party hates him and is so torn on voting for him. Obama and his pals can repeat that phrase over and over but it doesn't make it true.

Nikki said...

Thanks Maria, I think you are right he can't sustain this level of popularity for much longer, americans get bored and of course young americans have a short attention span. I always appreciate your input on this. Thanks for reading chickie. :)N

Mustang, I agree with you, it people really had sophistication they would be conservative!! haha :)N

Sandi, I appreciate your comment a lot, because it has given me a great idea for a post...I know I am hardcore and I think you are a great sport for reading my rants anyway! :)N

karen not only do I think you have nuance, I think you are sophisticated! You do some great posting on your blog and people should really check it out! :)N

Anonymous said...

"According to Obama, if you call him inexperienced you are only doing so because he is black"

Are you insane?

Mike said...

Nikki, I think that Obama's popularity has a lot to do with the abysmally horrendous presidency of George W. Bush. The country is seriously tired of the lack of character, morals, ethics, intelligence, etc. coming from the White House. Thus, Obama looks like the second coming. As for Obama's inexperience, what experience would prepare someone to be president of the US?

And Mustang, "Durban the Turban"? Glad to see there are still conservatives perpetuating the stereotype.

Nikki said...

Mike, I get all the Bush crap...its so old. I think it is probably more articulation. for real. Bush is not articulate I will agree with that, so obama does look a wee bit more attractive, smarter, better I think not. You give the President far too much credit and power. woohoo glad to have Mike bringing it! :)N

Nikki said...

anonymous, I think a person who comes on somebody's blog several times a day and makes stupid comments is insane...nice "mormon" honesty.