Monday, July 14, 2008

WORLDS OLDEST BLOGGER DIES AT AGE 108


Olive Riley from Austrailia was the oldest living blogger at the young age of 108. Her blog "The Life of Riley" had 70 entries and she jokingly called it her "blob". Mrs Riley was born in 1899 in Broken Hill, Australia, when Queen Victoria was still on the throne, and has survived two World Wars and the Great Depression. WOOHOO Olive! This is a little window into our future folks! I hope I am 108 and blogging with all you wonderful people! Rest in peace Olive, you are an inspiration. Read more: Olive Riley

7 comments:

CHATTI PATTI said...

108? OMG! I'm going straight to looking for her "blob!" What a story! It is proven that people that use their dendrites live longer....such is the case with Olive!

ba and the boys said...

when i saw the title i thought...nikki-you arent THAT old!
thankfully you are still with us!

namaste said...

i love hearing and/or reading stories told by ppl more senior than me. there's so much to learn and their first hand experience with history is priceless. rest in peace olive riley.

~m

Mustang said...

This is a great story. RIP Ms. Riley.

Sandi said...

Yikes! When I read the title in my blog feed I thought you were talking about me! But I quickly checked my pulse and it was still there so I opened your blog. What a great story. That's such an inspiration. How lucky her family was to have her around.

WomanHonorThyself said...

wow Nikki..thanks for sharing this!..will blogroll u pronto !

Khaki Elephant said...

An amazing story, Nikki. Thanks.