Saturday, August 9, 2008

AMERICANS FEAR CHANGE


Billy Joel said it best when he told his significant other "Don't go changin', to try and please me. You never let me down before. I don't imagine you're too familiar, And I don't see you anymore. I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble, We never could have come this far. I took the good times, I'll take the bad times. I'll take you just the way you are." This is how I feel about this campaign and America. Is the "change" we need really a change in traditional philosophy? Or do we need a change in faces? President Bush himself said change is good and it energizes Americans. I think this is true. However, I think the change Obama has tapped into is not the kind of change Americans like. Americans don't like the unknown. Obama is the mysterious shadow that lurks behind us all. Do we take a chance on an inexperienced, silver tongued, charismatic, master manipulating marketeer? Or do we go with what we know? McCain is the veteran politician with experience and familiarity, yet different and new. This is why the Dem's are pushing the Bush 3rd term campaign. Though Americans can tell the dudes aren't undergoing any sort of separation operation. Americans like change, but we have to be familiar with it. Hillary we knew. She would have been a change of the familiar kind. Obama is the new fraternity kid who hasn't gone through his initiation yet and I think Americans are shaky about the rookie senator and his new friends. Though his entire staff is made up of Clinton oldies. Not so "Change"-ish. I often hear arguments that to be President you need experience in foreign policy, military, academics, job and of course brains. Brains are obviously connected to speaking ability according to the left. John Kerry aka Thursten Howell the 3rd, was all about experience and intellect. Now it all doesn't matter. Now that the donkey's main man is a rookie, inexperience is of no consequence. Obama voted against the Iraq war and he is riding this example of exceptional judgement all the way to November. This is going to bite his butt down the road. You heard it hear first. How long would this post be if I had to jot down all of Obama's MIS-judgements? Starting with his choice in pastors.
So I submit to you today that this overbearing, overriding, over the top, over done, over exposed, over blown logo and theme of "CHANGE" will be a BOIL ON THE BUTT OF THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN come November. Americans want change, just not the scary unknown kind. Unfortunately the "them" I am referring to is NOT republicans. I am referring to moderate older democrats who are uncertain what Obama will bring to the table. Phants are fully aware of the jack-ass and his unscrupulous ways. Its the teetering middle section in panic mode. This is the McCain democrat crowd that will kick out a bubbled chad for the old man. Speaking of bubbles, did I hear one burst?

11 comments:

Sandi said...

What many of us want is to be able to feel proud of our administration again, have a better economy, some integrity in the White House - basics. And, frankly, party affiliation is not what triggers my vote - but confidence that the candidate may be able to pull it off. I must admit, if the John McCain of 7 or 8 years ago were running, I would vote for him hands down. But today's John McCain scares me a little. My hope is that a lot of what he says is only for the sake of the ultra-conservative base and that, if he makes it to President, he'll go back to his own thinking and to the man he used to be.

Sandi said...

Oh,yeah, and let's hear it for me for being first!!

Mustang said...

I cannot imagine that any thinking American can support or advocate the REAL change that Obama offers to those woefully uninformed voters who are screaming “Change we can believe in” at the top of their voices. If the link works, HERE is an interesting post that explains the truth about Obama’s tax policies … so what I think is, its time to stock up on Petroleum Jelly.

ba and the boys said...

mustang-that made me laugh out loud! (petroleum jelly!) i'm still laughing...
i think what obama says is appealing to the youngsters because they are willing to do things just for the sake of shocking their parents/society/their boy/girlfriend of the week. just to be 'different'. seriously, these are the same people who bungee jump, swim with sharks and have sex without condoms.
while i appreciate the youth wanting something better, i don't think obama is just that. he is only different (he doesn't look like the other guys on our money...hes a frekin' nut!)
ps-nikki-good job on getting a million comments on the education post!

Chuck said...

Good blog, Nikki. I love this constant talk about "change". It's almost held in reverance. Change does not equal better, it's just different. Some of the change I've been hearing about is scary as Hell. We've been hearing about things like bringing back the fairness doctrine, raising taxes, gutting the war on terror, nominating liberal judges. These arre all "change". Sound better?

WomanHonorThyself said...

great work Nikki!.. Do we take a chance on an inexperienced, silver tongued, charismatic, master manipulating marketeer? ..not to mention anti American anti semite eh!

EDGE said...

Gotta tellya this guy scares the hell outa me!

Khaki Elephant said...

As one fella put it, once we go through Obama's tax policies, all we'll have left is change.

He's a frightening man

Steve Harkonnen said...

Frankly, Obama scares the bejeezus out of me, but unfortunately I cannot cave and vote for McCain (old argument amongst my blogger allies) but all the same - seriously. I just can't do it.

Nikki said...

Sandi, many of us are very proud of our administration...there is just a difference in opinion, that is all. This administration has kept you safe. And woohoo you were first!

Mustang thanks for the link about the tax policy. Americans need to get a grip on what this will mean to them. While the dems like to spout a tax break for the rich, that usually translates to jobs for many and less burden on businesses so they can thrive and employ. thanks for the comment. :)N

BA, thanks for the kudos on the education post. A lot of ticked off people but its what I think so deal right?...and what is up with blog controlling homeschoolers...they took over and were just like I said they were! HA :)N

Chuck, exactly! Change is not always good...especially the kind of change Obama is bringing. He may be a better speaker than Bush but that is the only change I think people are attracted to...thanks for stopping by! :)N

WHT, nice add...I wonder how he feels being called an anti-semite for disagreeing with Jews. Seems like he may not like it...he should try being called a racist for dissent, its the same! Though his pals in Hamas seem to like him. birds of a feather. :)N

Edge, well said...me too! :)N

Khaki, yep change is all we will have left...and he will be the hero for taking our money and distributing it! robin hood is alive and well! :)N

Steve, thanks for stopping by and checking out the blog! He scares me and a lot of others too! But McCain is the only choice and I will take 85% conservative rating to 4% any day! :)N

Chatterness said...

I said it once and I'll say it again, "Jan 20, 2009" is going to be a great day no matter who wins the election. Just as long as the other is out..gone...poof...