Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Me!


I started blogging one year ago this month. I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have offended many and have made many friends from both sides of the aisle. Many have been pissed off and have taken me off their link lists and many have added me and deleted me and added me again! I have enjoyed the association regardless of differing opinions or a commonality. I have been called, liberal, racist, a whiny bitch, fake, crazy, nuts, a zealot, an idiot and a WASP only to name a few. I will leave out some of the other choice things that I have been called since I try to maintain at least a PG-13 atmosphere. I have let people hijack the comment section and continue to harass me about things I have written that they disagreed with. I have been on cnn.com, Incite, and other commentary pages. I have been harassed by trolls and have been linked on a blog as the "NFL Cross Dresser". I have pissed off liberals, independents, and conservatives. To many conservatives I am no longer in their "group" of conservative bloggers. I have had posts where one person has hijacked over 65 comments on MY blog to get their point across and to "prove" to me that I was wrong and they were NOT a control freak, oops I mean right. I have made many friends and many enemies, but I have always been honest and have written MY thoughts to please ME and no one else. This is MY blog. These are MY thoughts. I share them with whomever wants to read and discuss them. But in the end it is my outlet, my sanctuary.
I have made so many friends and I appreciate their camaraderie and support of my blog and I only associate with great bloggers. I salute you and you know who you are. My true friends who accept me in spite of our differences and are comfortable in your own skin enough to read and take some pretty insulting phrases against your own philosophies and opinions. You have seen the intent of my writing and the real ME. The thick skinned ones usually hang around. The easily offended usually leave and slam the door. How honest would it be for me to write to appease only some readers who align their thoughts with mine. As human beings we don't always agree and yet I write what is on my mind and am honest about my opinions regardless of the fallout. You can always count on that from me.
This election much has been said about "true conservatism". My views do not align perfectly with the republican party and yet I have voted straight republican for many years. I don't expect a complete allegiance to my views. There are many conservatives who will drop you on a dime if you do not adhere to their "religion" and their "core" conservative issues. I have been thrown out by many a blogger who differs with my philosophy. I have also been tossed out by many liberals who think I am a "far right" zealot with issues. I find this all hilarious as it shows me the flaws of my own party and affirms my contempt for the left. Don't stray too far from the "core" ideology of the "true" conservative values or you will get run!
I like John McCain, and President Bush for that matter...neither one is afraid of his own party and neither am I. I will continue to write what I want to write with or without the consequences of the peanut gallery. This is MY blog and if you don't like it don't read it...and certainly refrain from hijacking MY comment section to make your point over and over and over and over and over again.
So I am celebrating my love affair with blogging and my blogger friends who are the coolest people on earth! You are liberal, conservative, independent, democrats, republicans and just plain awesome! I love you all and am privileged to practice my freedom of speech in the best country on the planet...The United States of America! God bless you all for practicing that right to the fullest! We are the voices of America. Our voices are heard because of this tremendous tool called a "blog". I thank all who love me and hate me. This is America folks! Where you are free to be an annoying blowhard. I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks all!

18 comments:

Sandi said...

Hey, happy anniversary! I'm one of those who was almost put off by your blog the first couple of times I read it. Then I grew to love it. Even though we don't agree on many things, you are honest and never afraid to express your opinion - I mean it's so cute that you like John McCain (!!). But, seriously, did someone actually think you were a liberal? Now THAT's funny!! Love ya.

Nikki said...

thanks Sandi, you are true blue through and through! I enjoy your blog soooooo much. Its a nice change and a great laugh to the grind of politics! Thanks for hanging in there and seeing through the craziness! Love you...:)N

DB said...

Congratulations! I'm just hear to cause controversies with some of your rabid conservatives friends.

ba and the boys said...

let's celebrate and go to iceburg!

Nikki said...

thanks DB, for the congrats and the controversy its much appreciated! :)N

BA...I am in. Just say when! :)N

Paul is a Hermit said...

Speak you mind, I'll say you do! Shields Up, easily offended!
What little I do disagree with you, unbeknownst to you, I sit here making faces at the monitor. ;)
On the whole, I'd rather be in Utah. Happy Anniversary, Nikki.

Nikki said...

Paul, if you ever make it out this way let's head for the hills or mountains and have a BBQ...thanks for your thick skin and for keeping it real. Faces at monitors are accepted as comments btw. Your the best! I love hermits. :)N

Freadom said...

We will never grow as a planet if we fail to listen to those of whom we disagree. And, when people choose not to listen to you, or they get MAD, that means that you win.

That in mind, I agree with just about every thing you say. And I love this little political circle I credit you for creating.

Congrats to year #1, and here's wishes to 50 more.

Nikki said...

freadom, you are so awesome! thanks for the great comment. Lets keep it going and we do have a great community...you guys are the best! :)N

Chatterness said...

Happy Blog-iversary!!! I love ya, Nikki Nicole!! :-)

Nikki said...

thanks chatti, you are one of the tough ones! :)N

Khaki Elephant said...

Love the blog, Nikki, and I hope this is but the first of many years. And I'm sure glad Al Gore invented this whole internet thing allowing friendships to foster across the miles.

Freadom said...

Yeah al gore.

Nikki said...

thanks khaki! al gore one of my favorite rips! woohoo...thanks as always for your funny comments! :)N

Righty64 said...

Congrats! You have a GREAT blog. And the whole, dare I write it, homeschool issue you brought up was very provacative. But, it should show those clowns on the left that when conservatives disagree, we talk it out. All those people seem to do is sway over and pollute our blogs with no point and a lot of profanity! Any way, glad you made it a year and boy, we have a good couple of months to go before the McCain landslide!

namaste said...

nikki, my friend, my pal, my sista from anotha motha, THANK GOD for blogland! it brought about our friendship. i love your blog, your brave, true voice, and your fighting spirit. imho, you have one of the BEST blogs in blogland. happy anniversary to you and your great blog! love ya! (((hugs!!))) ;)

~m

Nikki said...

Maria, ditto ditto ditto to everything you said! And I believe it is your anniversary as well! Even though you are taking a break for some important business, I too thank the blogoshere for bringing us together! You are the best and keep up the great writing chickie! You know I love ya to absolute pieces...hugs :)N

Nikki said...

righty thanks so much for your great addition to my blog! I have enjoyed getting to know you and share most of the same sentiments...even when we disagree you are a true gentleman! kudos to your great blog as well my friend! :)N