Friday, August 1, 2008

ON A SERIOUS NOTE...Dog Therapy Needs Donations

My friends mom, who was my second mom growing up,(and her dog Aspen pictured) has a web page, Susan Child's Fundraising Page, that she has started to help with a cause that I think is a very important one. Susan Child writes,
"Intermountain Therapy Animals (ITA) is celebrating its 15th year of Pets Helping People. ITA is nationally recognized for their animal assisted therapy and R.E.A.D. (Reading Education Assistance Dogs) involving many Volunteers and their Amazing Animals. Watch the video under Aspen's picture to see why we find this such a special organization.
We (Aspen and I) hope that you will make a small donation to ITA to enable this worthy endeavor to continue and kindly share our page with your friends and family to help us reach our goal - a small amount of money from a large amount of people.
To learn more about ITA, or to become a volunteer with your pet, please visit www.therapyanimals.org
Thank you for your time and your help!
Su & Aspen
Please take some time to read more about this cause at Susan Child's Fundraising page and please donate! Thanks for the great work Sue! I will put a permanent link to this in the near future. Thanks everyone!

8 comments:

Susan Child said...

Thanks, Nikki! I appreciate the post. We need all the exposure and help we can get. You are still my favorite 'second daughter'.

Nikki said...

woohoo SUE! Thanks for coming to the page and no problem on the post...I know you are an Obama supporter and that makes your coming all the more special! I am so happy that I am the fave second daughter...the first daughter is pretty stinkin cool. Hugs and smooches to my second mom! :)N

Susan Child said...

Thought you should know that I got a donation from some one you sent. It just goes to prove that regardless of politics, at the end of the day all we can do is to try and make the world a better place for us and our great-grandchildren. We all may have different ways we think are best, but we pretty much agree on what we want the outcome to be - the best for our families. I love you and I have from the first day Tiffany brought you home. Carry on being you - it is a good thing.

Sandi said...

A - I will definitely visit that page
B - It warms my heart to know that you have Obama supporters in your family(!!)
C - Does this mean you haven't been "serious" all along??
D - Don't you HATE when people talk in outline form?!

Nikki said...

Sue, aaaawww, I knew you loved me because you would throw those warm towels from the dryer on me and Tif after walking home in the snow! You are so right, we all want the same thing in life...what a great example you are to all of us and keep giving people! thanks Sue! :)N

Sandi, I love it when people talk in outline form and isn't it amazing that people who completely disagree can have great relationships! thanks for checking out the page! Its a great cause...:)N

WomanHonorThyself said...

what a stunning dog..reminds me of mine who lost a couple of years ago ..sigh..ty for the compassion hun:)

EDGE said...

Edge's donation is on its way!

Nikki said...

WHT, its such a cute dog and I don't even like dogs! haha! :)N

Edge, you are the best! Thank you for being so kind...who said conservatives weren't compassionate right? thanks again...:)N