Wednesday, September 10, 2008

ELECTION ANTICS AND THE UNHINGED


Sorry... but I love the loony-ness in this election. I really do. I LOVE that Obama can't handle being behind and needs to re-group. I LOVE that Matt Damon and the Hollywood elite are showing their true sexist colors when weighing in on Palin vs. Putin. I LOVE that Obama calling Palin a "pig with lipstick" shows how unpolished he really iS. I love that its getting nasty, ugly, bitter, emotional and UNHINGED!
The right is not off the loony hook either. The right needs to be very careful about getting too cocky and protective of their gal. Taking a look at Sarah is not an attack on all women. Its fair to look at her credentials in an unbiased manner. Having said that, The left is scrambling for something to pin on her that will stick...kinda like the Obama "messiah" glue. Its important in politics to not get over confident and zealous, because you will eventually get humbled and humiliated. The bell has rung and we have a race. I don't like the whining going on by both sides right now. Seriously, call me the usual RINO that I get called on other blogs when I part ways from the status quo republican party, but isn't that what we LOVE about Sarah Palin? She can tell her own party to shove it and rightly so? John McCain is the same. He called out his own party at the Republican convention...total guns for balls!
The fetal position is being taken by rabid supporters on both sides and is really starting to kick up the dirt. The negative attack style politics of Americans is what I like! I LOVE going to Drudge and reading what I know is going to show up on the blogs as fuel for the already angered avid supporter, left and right. I love how both sides claim to have the moral upper hand. I love that the dialog has turned into nonsensical diatribe and the peeps are demanding we get back to the issues. ISSUES? If you don't know the issues and where the candidates stand on them by now...you are sitting on the toilet reading too much Twilight. The talking points couldn't be any simpler. I could play Obama in the movie right NOW if he needed a big mouthed white woman to proxy for him. I could say the stump speech for Sarah...(seriously she needs to switch it up a bit). The issues are clear, except for where EXACTLY Obama stands on them...cuz his stand changes often, thus the "change" theme. A "Change" of my mind you can believe in. That's just a fact of life Dem's, your dude changes his mind like a fickle school girl with a crush on the entire football team. So here comes the lunacy and I love it! Don't come at me with your nose in the air "despicable discourse" crap, or your "what has this country come to" jargon. The fact is, this is politics folks it has always been this way and it will always be this way! Take out your nasty mud and start flinging it folks...cuz its gettin' nasty out there...AND I LOVE IT!

10 comments:

Mustang said...

I love this, Nikki ...

Damon needs to know whether Palin thinks Dinosauers roamed the earth 4,000 years ago before he votes in November.

I think I could enjoy films more if Hollywood morons could keep their politics to themselves.

If you want the truth about tax cuts, stop by! :-)

ba and the boys said...

i used to thin k mat damon was hot...too bad he opened his mouth.
im excited that there is something to actually get excited about again! i love primaries because there is so much going on, but it has been ho-hum for awhile (except for mr edwards and his girlfriend! that was a good distraction for a moment).
we have less than 2 months of good election noise! lets eat it up while you can!

Chuck said...

The thing is, the way modern campaigns are, political junkies don't have to wait 2 or 4 years anymore. We're already talking about the 2012 elections.

Sandi said...

It seems like every four years we hear that THIS time we won't have negative campaigning. And every four years that's how it ends up. The sad thing is what this says about voters. I'm still waiting for the Repubs to allow Palin to talk on her own and maybe someone soon will actually talk abou the issues! Now, that would be cutting edge campaigning.

Khaki Elephant said...

Are the wheels coming off?

Righty64 said...

I agree, harping about the lipstick and pig comment in and of itself is too much. But, the thrust of it for me is that Sen. Messiah Barack is lying for he made the comment, the crowd knew exactly what he meant and went wild. If he would just man up and say yes, he went too far in a personal attack, this would die. But, he does not disapoint. He is the gift that keeps on giving. And, his gift? McCain/Palin! Keep it up oh great Chosen One!

Anonymous said...

Oh please Republicans are just trying to play the victims and start drama. Any intelligent person who was watching knows that he was clearly refering to Jhn McCain trying to dress up the fact he is using the majority of George Bushes policies and calling it change. I cant belive its gotten to the point to where you guys have to turn to stuff like this to make yalls selves look better...and you talk about Democrats whinning? I think you might need a raincheck :) Stick to the issues, there's more important things happening

Jennifer and Santosh said...

I get really sad when I see young people who embrace the corruption of the Bush regime - especially women. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course but I do wish you'd spend a bit more time listening rather than commenting. many of your comments seem to be straight from FOX tabloids. All I'm saying is that you'd see a very different side of Obama if you tried to look at a variety of news sources.
Jennifer

Nikki said...

OK Jennifer and Santosh...once again a liberal is acting like they are more informed and smarter than a conservative, I am not surprised as you are reading and informing yourself with what embraces your philosophy and not viewing the entire picture. I see Obama not as "nuanced" but as a complete joke and I have the articles and videos that back up that claim. Please drink your kool-aid and don't cry for me and my "ill-informed" opinion...ignorance is bliss and arrogance is dangerous...you have both. But thanks for your eerie comment from the cult head quarters of the Obama campaign. :)N

Khaki Elephant said...

Ah, and if ignorance is bliss, the left dwells in Eden.