Tuesday, November 4, 2008

HISTORY IS MADE TONIGHT...


Tonight I must first recognize the historical nature of this election. This is a great moment for the United States as it has elected the first African American President. I am touched even if by nothing else, by the history making of this moment. I pray for Barack Obama as the world will soon be on his shoulders. I pray for our country as it looks to the future and is exhilarated by this new opportunity to again re-new and move forward. I am sad for John McCain as he is an American hero who fought the good fight against a newly generated liberal machine with gross amounts of money and massive media bias thrown at the American people. I also think about our current President who is alone and hated by Americans who in my mind have bought a load of media garbage.
It is amazing that a nation can have a revolution like the one we just had. It was peaceful, robust and passionate. We fought. We argued. We disagreed and sometimes even called each other names(affectionately of course). But at the end of the day we completely changed governments all without spilling one drop of blood. That is the American way and we are all better for having fought our individual fights. Our voices were heard and so here comes the next 4 years. I and many others will be watching our current congress with a very scary mandate and super majority with an extremely liberal President. I suspect Barack Obama will have to step back from many of his promises as they will indeed bankrupt our nation. Expectations are very high for Mr. Obama and trust me I will be keeping a tally of promises made and promises not kept. So its back to just being "According to Nikki" the loud mouthed irreverent political junkie that supports the most unpopular President EVER...and I will enjoy the next few months still being under the Bush administration. And then it will be:
OPERATION ELECT MITT ROMNEY 2012! Woohoo! Thank Goodness there are term limits for Presidents. I think we need more of them in Congress. And seriously if I see Oprah crying like a big fat baby I am going to throw the freaking TV out the damn window. I suppose we should be welcoming all of the A-WALL celebrities back that moved to different countries they were so disgusted by the passed 8 years under a stupid conservative. Welcome back scary self absorbed people your country is now Europe and will soon be "fundamentally changed". Not something I wanted, but stay tuned its gonna get interesting...

18 comments:

KEVIN said...

How's that McCain nomination working out for ya? :-)

Nikki said...

NOT VERY WELL!!! But it was all we had to work with...Romney was my man from the beginning and it was many bigoted republicans who ripped on the "mormon candidate" that helped this election out. bleh. :)N

It's Me said...

Nik, did you see Jesse Jackson crying throughout the Obama speech? Well, my entire family was around the tv when my sister blurted out, "Oh my gosh....SNL is gonna have a field day with Jesse!" I can see it now!!

Nikki said...

it's me...I didn't watch. I am sure it was hilarious. Let's hope Jesse doesn't get some sort of cabinet position...oi. This night is great for many African Americans but Jesse has no part in it whatsoever...thanks for the funny heads up! :)N

KEVIN said...

I've never really been afraid for my country before, but I am now. I think our generation will remember this time like our parents and grandparents remember the 1930s and 1940s.

Nikki said...

I agree Kevin 100%! Keep up the good fight my friend, we may be adhering to the "fairness doctrine" soon...scary shit is coming. :)N

It's Me said...

Kevin, that's exactly how America felt when Bush became our president. Americans SPOKE HUGE this evening. Unite with the majority....the HUGE majority.

Coby said...

Nik: Please visit my blog, It might seem different to you when you do. Let me know k?

Mad Hatter said...

we are all in the same boat, im going to TRY VERY HARD to enjoy this. glad this is over.

ba and the boys said...

i am right there with you. romney was my man in the primaries and if it werent for people thinking that religion was bad, he could have won.
besides, he was the best looking of the bunch. romney in 12!

Anonymous said...

Either way it went down, I have to just say that it really did give me hope to see so many people get involved this election (on both sides) and to see the younger generation be so passionate about it. I just sincerely hope that everyone continues to be as involved in their politics as they have been during the election!

Todd

namaste said...

well it was a fun and wild ride, even when we got tired of the longness of this race. you hosted a kick-ass political fight party on your blog, nik! way to go on getting us all riled up! woot!

((((hugs!!))))

;)

Marci said...

I just hope that Bush doesn't continue to be blamed when Obama has to recognize the reality of his new position, and his inability to keep his campaign promises. It will be interesting to see how many Obama fans stick around when the "change" doesn't come.

Sandi said...

Great post, Nikki. I was certainly an exciting and historic day. I hope McCain gets back to the person he was before his campaign managers changed him so he can continue to be a positive force for our country. I would have voted for him in 2000!! As for Jackson, my guess is that his tears were about the fact that it wasn't him standing at that podium as president-elect. And DO NOT get me started on Oprah! Can someone please shut her up!

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Hi Nikki... don't give up the good fight! I realize that the Dems now have the White House, the House of Representatives and the Senate, but let's think back to the early 90's when the USA was in the same boat. Keep the heat on the pols! If they try any kind of crap - like Shamnesty, the Fairness Doctrine or unaffordable new programs, the American people can shut them down, majority or no majority in the Congress.

I have faith in you guys. Better days are ahead. And who knows? If Barack can avoid following his instincts and govern pragmatically, he may not be as bad as everyone thinks!

t.durham said...

Mitt and Sarah in 2012 if we are a democracy then.If however Obama bankrupts the country with his policies,there may be a severe backlash in 2010 and he could be impeached with a newly elected conservative congress.I hope for the good of the country he comes to the center, however "the powers that be"who installed him into the political body and made him president with no background or experience will not allow that.The players behind Obama...Soros et.al do not wish America well.

t.durham said...

Mitt and Sarah in 2012 if we are a democracy then.If however Obama bankrupts the country with his policies,there may be a severe backlash in 2010 and he could be impeached with a newly elected conservative congress.I hope for the good of the country he comes to the center, however "the powers that be"who installed him into the political body and made him president with no background or experience will not allow that.The players behind Obama...Soros et.al do not wish America well.

Nikki said...

td...Mitt but I doubt Sarah, just because she will indeed be blamed for this loss even though it was major mishandling by the McCain peeps and media crap...we shall see, something to look forward to huh!! :)N