Monday, January 19, 2009

TOM HANKS IS AN UN-AMERICAN RELIGIOUS BIGOT


I don't write about myself very much. My blog is a place for me to state my opinion, get it off my chest and let those who choose to, comment on that stated opinion. I don't get personal and will try to maintain that rule of thumb, but for now I am going to break my own rule. I AM A MORMON. I was raised LDS, but when I was 19 years old I was converted to the church and it has been my decision to be a practicing Mormon since then. For me it is a lifestyle. Most people know very little about my religion and even when they claim to know, they probably got their information off the Internet or from their local minister who hates or fears Mormons. I bring this up because most people are EXTREMELY ignorant about "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" and I refuse to be bullied and slandered as a member because of my support of proposition 8 and as a supporter of traditional marriage, by ignorant hacks.
Tom Hanks has joined the idiot tools of Hollywood with his choice remarks about Mormons this week-end. The executive producer of "Big Love" a show on HBO about polygamists has designated himself the Hollywood Mormon expert and showed his ignorance by referring to us as "Mormons". Anyone who knows anything knows that Mormon is not the name of our church. The term Mormon is a nickname and I go by that term with no problem. I don't find it offensive. Having said that, the correct name of the church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints". Yes, its long and LDS is also fine when referring to us Mormon folks. Forrest Gump opened his mouth and removed all doubt that he is a MORON. He said this about Mormons, whose rights are guaranteed in the same constitution that we all know and love
"The truth is this takes place in Utah(he is referring to Big Love) the truth is these people are some bizarre offshoot of the Mormon Church, and the truth is a lot of Mormons gave a lot of money to the church to make Prop-8 happen, there are a lot of people who feel that is un-American, and I am one of them. I do not like to see any discrimination codified on any piece of paper, any of the 50 states in America, but here's what happens now. A little bit of light can be shed, and people can see who's responsible, and that can motivate the next go around of our self correcting Constitution, and hopefully we can move forward instead of backwards. So let's have faith in not only the American, but Californian, constitutional process."
So VOTING is UN-American? This is laughable. Nothing is more American or democratic than voting. I didn't know it was only constitutional and American when the vote went your way. Isn't it Hollywood that belly-aches incessantly about McCarthy-ism? Now they have a their own black list of prop 8 supporters who will be blackballed and thrown under the bus in Hollywood. Its so hypocritical and an extremely dangerous slippery slope of anti-religious sentiment. As a religious individual I have the right to speak my mind in this country. Mormons were not the only ones who voted for prop 8. Prop 8 was supported by 70% of Obama supporters and plenty of others, religious and non-religious. Mormons are a small minority in California and this fear-mongering and hatred of a religious people is reminiscent of Nazi Germany and even closer to home, the extermination order by Governor Boggs of Missouri in 1838 to exterminate Mormons like bugs. We see how far the tolerant left will reach. Tolerance is only for those who adhere to their ideology. That phrase is repeated by me ad nauseum on this blog.
Welcome to the America who lashes out at religious people who speak their minds and vote their conscience on issues that we deem are important for society to survive. Ignore the fact that our scriptures talk of civilizations that ultimately destroy themselves because of certain societal ills that we allow as norms. I suppose we should ignore those beliefs because the rest of you non-religious peeps told us we have over stepped our bounds. Sorry this stinks to high heaven and if you think that that IS AMERICAN, then you live in Saudi Arabia. I get it, freedom of speech and thought is for the un-religiously-affiliated. Damn straight gentiles!
Let me just ask for a consensus, which religious belief would Tom or anyone else like me to abandon? Name any. Then let's start asking Jews to stop eating baby lambs at passover because that might be offensive to PETA. And Catholics really should stop eating those wafers and drop their pro-life belief because pro-choice is more American. Also, many Muslims like to pray 5 times a day and have multiple wives and its all annoying so if they could give up a few of those non-compliant American practices that would be great. Freedom of religion stops at the door of, hmmm I don't like that part of your religion so please abolish it or we will abolish you.
My support for prop 8 and traditional marriage has been explained over and over. Regardless of what you think of that opinion, I have every right protected by the constitution of the United States of America to have that opinion! AS ridiculous as many of you may think my opinion is, this is America and I can think whatever I want without fear of retribution. Well not according the gay marriage MOB who disagrees and wants to use intimidation to get their way. I will not sit here and listen to big fat baby liberals who went into the fetal position every time someone called them "unpatriotic" for not supporting the war, who now place the same label for another form of disagreement. BLEH!
I don't believe marriage is a civil right...Elton John doesn't even support gay marriage. Gay marriage advocates you will not get my support any time soon with this kind of bigoted behavior. You are hypocrites, especially the Hollywood elites types who discriminate and hate every day in that slumlord of a town.
And I am extremely disappointed having to write this about Tom Hanks. He was one of the few actors left that I respected and liked. They are dropping like flies in my world. *Tom Hanks apologizes. And I accept. I will be removing my rant soon.

15 comments:

friedmsw said...

Sounds like my mother. I love her with all my heart. However, she has a tendency that when she will read an article in GOOD HOUSEKEEPING on something she considers herself somewhat of an expert on the issue.

namaste said...

hollywood. that's another large group of brainwashed ppl who spend all their energies trying to brainwash the world with their warped ideas.

when we stop respecting the vote and its results, it will be the end of us as a country.

btw, it's the end of the day here in the east. and you nik, gave me my first smile of the day with the title of this post. thanks!!

WomanHonorThyself said...

dont waste your energy on the libtards girl..taint worth it!:)

Nikki said...

friedmsw, thanks for the comment! :)N

Nikki said...

Maria, I am so glad you finally smiled today...I don't like it when you frown! Hollywood=brainwashed very true my friend! :)N

Nikki said...

WHT, love the term libtard, I am definitely using that one in the near future!

It's Me said...

"when we stop respecting the vote and its results, it will be the end of us as a country."

I love your quote, Maria!!! I said it over and over again!!! Copyright it....it's a great one!!

Respect, is the key word.

Khaki Elephant said...

I love the phrase "religious bigot." It seems that religious bigotry is the only type that can still be practice openly in America. Tom Hanks seems to be be on the cutting edge.

Thanks for the insight, Nikki.

Larry T Durham said...

Hammer meet nail! I love it when knee jerk liberals are labeled with "Mcarthyism".

As good an actor that Hanks is, everytime he opens his mouth he further reveals how intellectually vacant he is. Shut up and act Tom!

Excellent points all the way around.

Chuck said...

Well luckily he didn't malign Muslims, we can't have that. Reality is that any christian faith is fair game.

thejournalistachronicle said...

Great post! I found your blog on technorati and wanted to say hi! I am glad to see that I'm not the only one ticked off by Mr. Hanks and his ignorant rants against LDS people. My traditional marriage blogger friends and I have been in an uproar over this situation this week.

t.durham said...

Hollyweird believes that America was founded on freedom from religion not freedom of religion. GOD,guns and guts made this country great not Gaia,lawsuits and situational ethics. I am a christian though not a very good one, and I believe that the mormons are our brothers in CHRIST. Woohoo you go girl!

Jen Smart said...

Well said Nikki!!!

EDGE said...

You're really not going to like the movie of the week!

:OP

Brad and Kimberly Lester Family said...

Tom Hanks apologizes for calling Mormon Supporters of Proposition 8 "un-American" Read the full article at http://ldslivingonline.com/article.php?articleId=98901