Tuesday, February 24, 2009

AMERICA: A BUNCH OF POLL DANCERS

We are a nation obsessed with poll taking. The media loved watching the Bush numbers plummet down, down, down and down. He went from 91% approval at his highest to under 30% for his lowest, his subsequent numbers before leaving office. I think it is a dangerous and bad thing for a President to attain such high marks, especially when accomplishment hasn't been measured yet whether it be by time or opportunity. Obama's numbers are way too high to start with. This is not good for him or his peeps because it will be virtually impossible for him to retain that height of popularity. When he took office he started with over an 80% approval rating. Now, with less than 40% of Americans supporting his stimulus package, his number has dipped below the 60% mark. In a fast food nation who watches television shows that solve problems in less than an hour, this is a problem for our new President. His "inherited" mess rhetoric is only going to carry him so far. Constant bitching about what he was left with is going to leave the American people sour and disapproving. No one likes to hear the most powerful man in the world whine like a little school girl about where the buck used to stop and how it should still stop there. Like Dr. Phil says "OWN IT".
His "hope" strategy may have worked during the campaign, but "hope" and nothing being false about it has taken on a completely different tone.
I suspect after his speech tonight that his approval rating will again go above the 60% mark...MAYBE. I just heard another "inherited" deficit remark. I have never heard so many people complain about the current deficit only to ignore the close to trillion dollar spending spree and an additional 410 billion dollar spending bill in oncoming traffic. I don't get this DEFICIT cry baby act while hugging over a trillion dollars in spending like its actually going to pay off the big hunk of debt. OK grade school math...its going to add to it! Seriously I need a demotard to explain it to me...please!
I predict a rough road for Obama even with the love his peeps and media feel for him. Republicans are jumping ship like rats and should be hung out to dry on the wire of buyers remorse. Obama better change some of his rhetoric and begin to communicate with some "hope" rather than the dismal message he has been dishing or his approval rating will continue to fall. I like it falling don't get me wrong, but I just wanted to throw the President a bone and say hey get a grip soon or poll hell is your new town and try digging yourself out of that fire pit. The peeps need satisfaction and unfortunately there isn't enough cocaine on this earth to keep the instant need for gratification crowd happy. That's my memo...I hope he reads it. Or not. Don't care.

11 comments:

Clay Bowler said...

I bet they will go up after tonight, because Americans proably don't listen beyond the applause. I found his speech to be bipolar.

artfulfrog said...

I heard that they fell and have been falling since he taken office. I suppose only time will show, but I doubt that many people will support him still by this time next year. Heck, people in his own Party started to turn against him even before he was sworn in!

It's Me said...

LOL
LOL
LOL......

Dems and Repubs were on their feet throughout his whole speech.

Nuff said.

Chuck said...

I don't understand why the GOPers are abondoning him with all of the bipartisan talk he has been using. It's almost as if they expect him to actually be bipartisan.

Dan said...

Why should his polls not go sky high. Evidently he can spend money like a drunk sailor and cut the deficit in half.... all at once! He's actually going to acomplish something that man (and woman sigh:<)has attempted and failed for as long as there have been governments.

Larry T. Durham said...

"Poll" dancers heh?

Excuse me while I stuff a couple of trillion in Obama's g string.

eeeewwww!

Ducky's here said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ducky's here said...

Speaking of poll dancers, what ever happened to Sarah Palin. She isn't even showing up at CPAC this year.

Neither is Booby Jindal.

I can't understand why the two guiding lights of the Republican Party aren't there.

Well, in Booby's case getting strips of raw flesh torn from your ass after your rebuttal to Obama may have something to do with it but figured Sarah was up for a good cat fight.

Sandi said...

I only pay attention to polls that agree with my opinion!! Shallow, I know. But it keeps me happy. Obama's numbers were so high, they have to go down. Hard to judge a person in only a few weeks.

Freadom said...

I think it's neat that every time Obama gives a speech the stock market creeps down just a tad more. His comments are so negative no one has any hope left. It's just the opposite of Reagans eternal optomism.

Freadom said...

I don't mean it's great the stock market is going down, but you know what I mean. It's interesting anyway.