Monday, August 10, 2009

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY TO US...MARIA AND NIKKI, THE BIG #2


This month marks the second year that my BFF-blogger friend at MY VOICE and I have been blogging! To me this is an amazing thing. Maria hunted me down and was my very first blogger friend and reader. She always gave me encouragement and cheers galore. Her blog is the first blog I check in the morning (after I check my own blog of course) and the last blog I check before I go to bed. Nobody messes with us. She has my back and I have hers. We live on the opposite end of the country from each other and have never met, but when we talk on the phone, its as if we have known each other our whole lives. Without her friendship in the blogging world, I can honestly say, I probably would have quit long ago. Happy blogiversary Maria and let's keep it going! You are an amazingly talented writer and I always can't wait to hear what you are going to say. WOOHOO!! HIGH FIVE AND A BIG OLE CHEST BUMP GIRLFRIEND!
Thank you to all of you who take the time to read my consistently rude, immature, crass and sometimes crude blog. I truly am grateful to even the liberals who read and take a pretty good smack down with such courage and back bone. Dialog is so important to our democracy and I admire your interest in what the other side has to say. I still get amazed every day when I open my page and have comments on any particular post. The blogging community is such a great network of talented and kind individuals. For the most part I have only met the best of humanity here in the blogosphere, from both sides of the aisle. Thank you again for making me feel like what I have to say is heard. I may not be the most eloquent writer, and repeat myself like a broken record, and use words that don't exist and think its cool that I just made up a new word, and have some sentences that I think are 1 that should probably be 4, but I always feel taken back when someone actually reads what I have to say...and makes a comment! It's the coolest thing! I hope all of your blogs make you feel like your voice is important and most of all heard by someone, no matter what you are writing about. It isn't important that you agree with me, only that you hear me. I love the readers and writers of America. We are the ones who make our thoughts known and we are the ones who hear those thoughts. We are giving of ourselves and I appreciate the acceptance and wonderment of such an enormously supportive community. What would I do without you? God bless and thank you for a great 2 years!! "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"...Willy Wonka

11 comments:

namaste said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MY BFF-BLOGGER FRIEND, NIK!! I LOVE YOU GIRLIE! I AM SOOO GLAD WE FOUND EACH OTHER IN THE BLOG WORLD. THANKS FOR WRITING AN ANNIVERSARY POST FOR US BOTH. YOUR CONSTANT CHEERING HAS DEFINITELY KEPT ME WRITING! WOOO-HOOOO!

AND HANDS DOWN, YOU ARE THE BEST RANTER IN THE BLOGOSPHERE!!!!!

Sandi said...

Happy anniversary to youse guys! Love both of your blogs, whether I agree with them or not. It's always interesting how new friendships are made.

Celebrate!

Rob said...

I can't believe it's been two years since we lived in the batcave where this all started!!! congrats! Love Me

sue said...

Congrats for 2 years! Thanks for allowing me to voice my opinion here, alot of blogs wouldn't be so giving(even tho sometimes you are mean to me!) :-)

Nikki said...

Sue, thanks for commenting and reading and I am not rude, just direct! :)N

It's Me said...

Hey Nik, thanks for making my blood boil after a hard day's work! It's become evident to me that I love to be tortured!!! LOL! Yes, you are one hell of a bitch blogger, but dammit, I love it! Have learned a whole lot and I'm hooked! Keep on entertaining me, girlfriend!

ba and the boys said...

congrats on 2 years! i love both your blogs! thaks for all the entertainment!

Nikki said...

Thanks everybody!! MWAH! :)N

namaste said...

one more thing, my sweet-face girlie. i know you know this. but i stalk your blog, treat it like it's my own. haha! i read here before i read anything else on-line. chest-bump, high-five, and hugs to ya!

Nikki said...

AAAAHHH! Thanks Maria! I guess I need to be better at getting some posts out hehe...in a bit of a rut. Here's to 2 more years and much success!! Thanks chickie! Love you...:)N

courtneyme109 said...

Happy Happy Anniversary Ladygirl!