Monday, October 26, 2009

STUPID COMMENT RESPONSE

I received a comment outlining the Obama administration accomplishments, which are still as I claim, minimal at best. Some were true, some were grossly false and some didn't even deserve my time. The reality is for someone with a political mandate, he is pretty worthless. Here is the results of my fact checking. Please people, live in reality. I am begging you. The comment was given by Sue. Please treat her with respect, not that you will get any from her. Here is a link to her blog: HELLOOOO......Mr. President, Are You Listening. I strongly give advanced warning to anyone who ventures over to her place especially if you are a conservative, I strongly discourage it. Go at your own risk. Her cohorts are angry little devils and if you head over, don't say I didn't warn you. With that said...Here is my response to Sue's comment(Sue is in blue):
*Please note that President Obama has played more golf in 9 months than Bush did in 3 years. Thank you peanut gallery.

He stabilized the markets, so 401Ks are starting to slowly come back and we are not about to meltdown anymore. False
The market does not fluctuate because of the actions of the President. The stock market goes up or down based on many things. One is the current and projected earnings of publicly traded companies and reports of economic stabilization or further decline. It also depends on manufacturing, inflation, the value of the dollar and foreign markets as well. For example if a manufacturing company lays off several employees to cut costs and posts better-than-expected earnings for the first three months of the year they will in return benefit from their stock going up because of their attractiveness to buyers. The market fluctuates and is still much lower than it was under Bush...but of course it is Bush's fault if it is lower and Obama's fault if it is higher.


Unemployment numbers are coming down dramatically from when he took over.
False
The current unemployment rate is 10%. For further information go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Joe Biden was even quoted as saying the recession was underestimated when ask why the unemployment rate didn't tap out at 8% as projected by the administration. The stimulus has done nothing for unemployment.

GDP went from 6.5 shrinkage to 1 shrinkage since he has been in office. False
I am not sure what is meant by "shrinkage" other than a bunch of dudes getting out of a cold pool...I will let this non-cited claim stand, however the GDP is still in decline because of the rate of inflation and our massively mounting deficit. I am pretty darn sure Obama can take credit for those two things. I do also want to mention that it was never over 4% under Bush and is at 12% currently.

Tens of thousands of state employees still have jobs, and services are maintained because of his stimulus. False
Again according to the Bureau of Labor statistics "Nonfarm payroll employment continued to decline in September (-263,000), and the unemployment rate (9.8 percent) continued to trend up, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The largest job losses were in construction, manufacturing, retail trade, and government."

He ended torture. False.
According to The Northwest Progressive Institute, it has gotten worse.

He IS closing Gitmo. False.
Gitmo IS still open.

95% of Americans are receiving a tax DECREASE. True.
However the amount was minute and hardly worth mentioning, but true. Most won't see their additional tax CREDIT until next year.

He provided unemployment, food stamps and a 65% reduction in Cobra for those who lost their jobs. False.
Obama didn't provide anyone with any of these things. The American tax payer did. Many states are giving out IOU's instead of checks. I don't see how Obama can dole out unemployment checks when they are given on a state level and most states do not have the revenue.

He set new emissions standards. don't care...BFD.

He protected wilderness land set for oil leases. BIG DEAL.

He got Pakistan to agree to fight the Taliban, which Bush never could. The top leader was taken out this week. This is weak and false.
Most foreign leaders don't differentiate an American Presidents political party. Presidents are American's and are seen as dealing with America. Pakistan is still doing nothing as you can see from the headlines of dying American soldiers. Afghanistan is a mess.

He nominated and got confirmed the first latina Supreme Court Justice in history. True and insignificant.

He signed Equal Pay for Equal Work, Children's Health Bill and Credit Card Reform. True. Signed but did not author. It took all of 30 seconds. Bush would have signed both measures.

He has a first time home owner's credit, a modification of mortgage plan in place. (This needs work, but it is in place) True, but still not helping housing industry. Foreclosures are higher than ever.

He has made it easier for students to get college loans. (UMass just gave a 1500 rebate to all students because of the stimulus money.) True.

He has improved America's image around the world, especially with Muslim countries. False and true. I am not one who gives a damn about the US's standing in the world. Europeans will always think Americans are dumb and unrefined and of course disagree with policy. And yet, their very democracies, aristocracies and monarchies depend on a strong America for survival. I don't see France calling Switzerland if someone invades. Obama's very election upped the view of many, but too me it doesn't matter. If it does to you then, good luck with wanting to be liked. Foreign Policy magazine has an opinion: Think Again, America's Image.

He got the 2 NK journalists out. False. This one is by far the most embarrassing. Bill Clinton got them out, it's common knowledge.

He got the non-proliferation treaties going again, and he will chair the next meeting. Already an agreement exists to reduce Russia's and US's arms. True. But not a good thing.

A significant amount of the bailout money is being paid back. This is a good thing. Fair enough, but where is the accomplishment? Obama accomplished what here? I don't get it.

He has taken on healthcare, the most difficult thing to pass in the US. I am not completely happy with how he is doing it, but he is doing it.* True and fair enough...but not an accomplishment as of yet. And in many people's eye's if passed it will be a disaster.

He ended the abstinence only thing. And the law that said a pharmacist could refuse to give birth control pills to women if they so chose. True, but big effing deal.

He is sticking to the timetable to withdraw troops from Iraq. FALSE and true. During the campaign he gave several differing timetables. While the current timetable is being met, it isn't without hiccups: Iraq timetable

He got funding for the useless bomber cut.And those heliocoptors. He plans to make more weapons' cuts. True, but not a good thing.

He has cut 2 trillion from the budget over the next ten years. Remains to be seen, please don't site non-accomplishments as accomplishments.

He has taken on energy, the second most difficult thing to pass in the US and it has already passed the House. Yawn

He saved the American auto industry. (Cash for clunkers is doing great too, both for the industry and jobs, and for the environment.)False. Chrysler and GM are worse and Cash for Clunkers failed miserably. Some dealerships haven't even received their government money yet. The University of Delaware did a study and said the cost outweighed the benefit by about 1.4 billion.

He is building a green economy for the US. First steps in the stimulus, others in the energy bill. May be true, I just don't care enough to look it up.

More jobs will be created in transportation when rest of stimulus kicks in in 2010. This a "projected accomplishment". Whatever. Please keep accomplishments as ones already accomplished.

The following is for your enjoyment and comic relief:

He is facing complete disrespect and vilification from the media and the wingnuts,getting more than 30 death threats per day,and still goes on, calmly and with determination and intelligence.


* He has no champions in the Senate, only a small group of obstructionists who seem to have been given all the power by Harry Reid. The insurance industry has convinced people that he is Hitler; and this is only the beginning. If Pharma gets into it, what do you think will happen to healthcare? They have way more money than the insurance companies. You want him to fight all the corporate interests which actually OWN this country, including the Senate and Congress,and you want him to do that virtually alone? The left has attacked him almost from day one. The right is throwing the kitchen sink right now.
Now, if this isn't enough there is also this article from the Washington Monthly and Steve Benen who quotes E.J. Dionne and they are talking about how Pres. Obama is not getting the credit he deserves for the financial crisis and how he handled it.

36 comments:

Sue said...

whatever..

not only do I find your arguments laughable but I recall you saying you wouldn't put me on your blogroll because I had a post with a personal attack on it, a personal attack of a certain jane the troll. This was a troll who attacked me on a personal level even tho she is a stranger. Now we have the very popular blogger Mz Nikki, calling out my name and my blog, (which is awesome and legit), for her own personal amusement and the amusement of her cohorts. So very typical of a holier than thou conservative. Or should I say hypocrit. OR... could it be you just love my blog and you want all your friends to visit and love it too?? Well in that case, PLEASE come by, one and all!!

Nikki said...

Sue, I did put up your link but you have to admit CDM can be a total douche along with some of your other commentors who make fun of Mormon magic underwear...just making it clear that there are attack dogs. I didn't say they were you, so calm down. I stay away from your blog because of CDM, end of story. I have told you this before.

mrs. h. said...

Loving your blog!!

Thanks for fact checking all those Nikki. Pretty much as a figured.

I've been to Sue's blog before and don't care to go there again. Not worth my time.

Anonymous said...

"whatever" ?? the arguments are laughable? why are they laughable? because you can't defend what she has pointed out as fact?

tammy said...

Pedaling sent me to your blog and I am loving it! I love a girl with sarcasm and who isn't afraid to tell it like it is.

You've done an excellent job debating these so called "accomplishments".

Can't wait to read more of your posts.

Pedaling said...

nikki, i wouldn't say this was for your own personal amusement...
it was YOUR RESPONSE (backed by facts and sources, might i add..) to her comment (NOT backed by any facts or sources, as usual)left on your blog -
i didn't see one personal attack,on this post, simply a response-....

not to be rude, but her blog isn't very popular because it's rather boring and filled with emotional "hate" though she claims not to hate- "whatever"
some conservatives ventured over to her site from mine and others, but soon left because she invites a discussion or debate from the other (dark) ;) side, only to then call her invited guests foul names (a sure sign of a loser, in more ways than one) and then rants on and on, again with no facts to back her sorry agenda. most of those
with differing opinions soon left, feeling i presume, her site wasn't really worth their time, for a number of reasons.

anyway, great information nikki, thanks for the giggle.

Nikki said...

tammy, thanks for the kudos and for reading! I love meeting fellow sarcastic chicks, we have to stick together!! :)N

Nikki said...

pedaling, woohoo!! too funny for sure. I knew you out of all people would get a kick out of this...we gotta do what we gotta do! Thanks for the great comment and for sending tammy! Mormon chicks RULE! :)N

Nikki said...

Oh and welcome to mrs. h and thanks anonymous! :)N

tammy said...

I just noticed your no tresspassing sign. My son has that exact sign in his bedroom. Love it!

namaste said...

all hail nikki! the queen of kicking a liberal's fabricating butt!

EXCELLENT post, girlie! woo-hoo!

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Sue: He stabilized the markets, so 401Ks are starting to slowly come back and we are not about to meltdown anymore.

You forgot to add, "Barack Hussein Obama, mmm... mmm... mmm!!"

Rick Frea said...

Great reporting Nikki. If only the media would write as well as you do perhaps it would still be relevent.

The only thing I thought you would add here is that 95% of Americans don't even pay taxes.

skiriki said...

"...I had a post with a personal attack on it, a personal attack of a certain jane the troll. This was a troll who attacked me on a personal level even tho she is a stranger."

How did that feel, Sue? Gotta ask because when I first started reading Nikki's blog you and your mother personally attacked me and you don't know me at all. What goes around, comes around.

Rick Frea, it's more like 40% that don't pay taxes. At least that's the last percentage I read. UNless that is your stat contains illegals from a country south of the border that we dare not name for being called racist. ;)

skiriki said...

Yeah that "whatever" response is always what you get when they can't back up their information with facts. Keep your head up the asses of all those CNN anchors, Sue. Some day when you finally grow up and are able to have a coherent argument without slandering someone or insulting them by calling them childish names, you'll understand what all of us grown ups already know.

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Rick Frea, it's more like 40% that don't pay taxes. At least that's the last percentage I read.

The latest percentage of Americans that pay no income tax, as reported by the IRS, is 47%.

Rachel said...

Nikki, what can I say? You speak a lot of truth, and I love it when you are over-the-top. I've thought about shouting "TEAM NIKKI" on the MBP site, but why give "Jake" and "Calvin" more comments when I can go directly to the source? Keep stirring things up, girl. I'll admit, I'm a shrinking violet compared to you (a sentiment anyone who knows me would laugh at), but you've got my vote for you being you. Love it!

Nikki said...

Rachel...haha! Thanks! You are cracking me and my husband up both! I guess I better head over to MBP and see what is going on. I appreciate the Team Nikki nod...pretty funny. You are a smart girl and I love a fellow smart ass. I love the blog and think the guys are awesome writers, but the commentors are so sticky sweet yucky. Thanks again for coming to my place and leaving a comment! :)N

susana said...

have any of you bothered to really look at the links provided by nikki to back up nik's claims?
my bets are on NOT!
you silly, silly sheep following folks! baaaa baa!
Go look and READ! I dare you...no I double down dare you.

susana said...

continued...not only am i pissed that the yankees played so poorly in game uno..but i am also pissed at the commenteers here. all of you blindly believe (without looking) everything nikki spoon feeds your ridiculous insatcible negative appetites. Sometimes I wonder if everyone who comments here is a pseudo-nikki blog-o-matic, self replicated identity created by nikki in the wee hours of the night.

Nikki said...

susana, most people who read my blog can't read...I am curious, which point do you have a problem with? Feel free to challenge. I put up liberal rag sheets who support both points of view and some points were true and some were false I clearly state that which is more than any liberal blog would ever do. What is your problem? I have an article from Foreign policy magazine supporting my pov and Sue's...Do you take issue with the bureau of labor stats a government faction under Obama? Or is it the Northwestern Progressive article, a radical liberal outfit who supports my claim? Explain.

susana said...

ok, ok....I gotsa one more thing to say. Then I'm outta here.
The biggest difference...let me make this clear...THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE between conservatives and the rest of the world...the rest of the world checks their sources and fact checks the claims.
Bye...Nikki this time your blog went too far. You posted claims and backed them up (linked in blue) with complete and utter nonsense.
Typical republican foxnews nonsense.
bye.

Nikki said...

susana, back up your own claims...which one? nothing was linked in blue...Sue's comment was in blue. Are you drunk?

Nikki said...

susana, be more specific, which one was false? waiting...

susana said...

pardon me...grayish links. the ones posted in gray as I run the mouse over them... The links that are slightly a different bluish color than Sue's...at least they are that color after I link there.
If I were drunk I wouldn't be reading your blog, I would be listening to music. I am up way too late for a school night...damn yankees... in the meantime, I will give your blog-o-mats a chance to pour over the slightly grayish links provided by you. If you are correct in the fact that they can't read, then I will be happy to point it out.

Nikki said...

susana, ok explain the problem!! I am waiting!

Nikki said...

which one is inaccurate! waiting...

Nikki said...

um hello?? specific examples please...which one did you want to challenge susana??

tammy said...

"The biggest difference...let me make this clear...THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE between conservatives and the rest of the world...the rest of the world checks their sources and fact checks the claims." -- ha! That is so laughable.

If a conservative doesn’t like guns, they don’t buy one. If a liberal doesn’t like guns, then no one should have one.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don’t eat meat. If a liberal is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy. A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is gay, they quietly enjoy their life. If a liberal is gay, they loudly demand legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful. Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal wants any mention of God or religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A liberal demands that his neighbors pay for his.

I am not a sheeple. Never have been, never will. I simply know I do not share Obama's value system, his Marxist's concept of re-distributing my wealth that we worked long and hard for, and many other things that he is trying to change about my country.

There is a lot of info on the internet which could probably challenge most everything Nikki has said. The thing is, like I tell my son, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. You read, you listen to multiple news sources, and you go with your heart, your mind, and your gut. At least that's what I do.

Nikki said...

Great comment tammy...the funny thing is, a few of the sources are opinion pieces that support both points of view and are from progressive liberal sites. I am guessing that if susana really read them she would see that I was fair and balanced with most of them! You can't spin unemployment numbers, they are what they are. :)N

tammy said...

I know! I could see nothing wrong with the links you sited. She still never said exactly which ones she found fault with. I find it funny whenever liberals call us sheeples, when they are clearly the ones following blindly along.

Like I said, I have never been a follower. I find the answers for myself that go along with my beliefs. Even with the church I never just followed along just because I was told it was true.

stevex09 said...

You did a quality job in your responses to the young lady. I venture to say I'm not sure if all her oars are hitting the water.
Sad to say those on the left don't realize that Mr. Obama and his band of thugs are interested in one thing (for now). And that's control ... eventual total control.
Enjoyed your blog! Keep up the good work!

tammy said...

Sue is crazy, that's for certain.

She left me a comment saying I should be thankful she's not my neighbor, then called me "Jane the troll" and told me to leave her alone.

I told her I am not her troll (I hardly ever look at her ramblings on her blog).

She then told me I was lying and called me a bitch.

She is a nut job plain and simple.

Nikki said...

I don't see what the problem is in going to someone's blog and reading it if you don't leave a nasty comment. Nice of her to call you a bitch for merely just reading her blog every so often. Makes me want to head on over and read it...NOT!!! Like one of the other commenters said, not all of her oars are in the water. No doubt! :)N

Marci said...

Nikki, I have been waiting for this one, and I wasn't dissappointed! Tammy I loved your comment, there are those of us who will take care of ourselves and those who don't know how to take care of themselves. I am proud to stand as someone who accepts responsibility for myself, my children and our actions!

Nikki said...

Hi Marci!!! Great to hear from you and I am glad I didn't disappoint...you are a great MOM! Keep up the great work! :)N