Friday, March 19, 2010

POLITICAL REALITY


I have been taking a break from blogging. I didn't really plan to, it just happened. I have been blogging for over 2 years and have to admit I am in a complete funk. Call it writers block, a brain fart, a non-verbal protest against tiredness, whatever you want to call it, call it, it's fine with me. I stopped to take a breath and to soak up a little bit of my current surroundings and my objection to it, so your honor, I object. I hope it is duly noted judge and jury so I can move onward and upward. That probably only made sense to me and that's okay just skip it.
Politics is my passion. I love it. I could discuss it all day and write about it everyday, but lately I needed to step back and focus on some other things, so pardon the absence. Not that anyone cares, but I did want to acknowledge that I did vacate the premises for a while and still may continue to disappear.
As I was saying repeatedly, I love politics. I always have. Not everyone does and political blogging is different than other blogging. Political readers are almost always political junkies and are always needing a fix. They are opinionated, informed people who want to know what is up in the political world and must discuss sometimes ad nauseum the latest topic among like-mided or opposite minded politicos. If these junkies don't get their daily hit, they'll find another political crack dealer and move on. It's cool, sometimes you just gotta say WTF and sit on your ass for a while. It's all OH SO good. My blog has always been and will always be a place for me to blow off steam and say exactly what I am thinking. A lot of my steam is conveyed sarcastically and irreverently and yes, that is how I think, sarcastically and irreverently. Even in church I have a few non-verbal sarcastic eye-rolls going on in my irreverent, sarcastic head. I am a self-proclaimed jacked-up Mormon or what some in my culture refer to as a "jack Mormon". I'm solid with it, I resemble both titles. Either way I believe God accepts my heartfelt desire for honesty above a cultures desire to portray a candy-coated looking reality. I choose to see things as they truly are and not as I wish them to be and sometimes bitches, the glass is totally and completely half empty. It's a flawed reality I know, but so goes the life of a realist and like life, so goes the rant of a political realist. Life is positive and negative regardless of our attitude, define it accurately is all I ask. And then pick your flowers and make your garden grow with beauty, but don't tell me shit doesn't stink when it obviously does. You won't find me sitting around acting all perfect and anal retentive. I don't have time for make-believe. I live life on a street, in house and in a neighborhood, not on a stage with pretty props. Life is messy for all of God's children and I am here to report that it is no different for me, but he is here to sustain you and me, this I know and this is not just my reality, this is a universal truth.
Honesty is always the best policy and perhaps reality is fogged by a damaged psyche or a petrified and tormented soul, but in the end the truth is all we have, so why fake it? I'll give it to you straight and at first it will go down like hard bitter liquor, but soon the taste is acquired and it's as smooth as whiskey. Stay tuned folks...I'll be back. Until then, keep blogging and stay true to reality and not the cheap hooker impostor version called, Obama. I AM OUT! MWAH!

10 comments:

Pedaling said...

that's all?

you're such a tease.

i'm probably not considered a political junkie- but i do understand needing a fix, when it somes to my favorite sites....

hurry back!

Nikki said...

Thanks pedaling! lol...:)N

tammy said...

I'm kind of feeling that funk lately too.

It's all good. We'll be here when you feel like it.

Rick Frea said...

It's normal for we bloggers to take a leave of absence from the bloggosphere, especially considering -- unlike those in Washington -- we have real jobs and real humble lives to live. I think you peg it right: we're political junkies, yet we have limited time and energy.

Yet, I think this is exactly what the progressives like to take advantage of, and how the evil progressives in Washington have come so close to ending America as we know it.

Sandi said...

I wondered where you had gone! Now that Spring is in the air I seem to be finding more interesting things to do than sit in front of my computer all day. There is a life out there after all!

Miss you. Even though we are totally opposite on many things, I love your blog.

ba and the boys said...

i miss you uys being up here-you are one of the few people i can even talk politics with. (and eat with. oh the swans man is driving around all sad w/o you here) thank goodness for al gore and his internets..

ba and the boys said...

i miss you uys being up here-you are one of the few people i can even talk politics with. (and eat with. oh the swans man is driving around all sad w/o you here) thank goodness for al gore and his internets..

phthaloblu said...

"I choose to see things as they truly are and not as I wish them to be and sometimes bitches, the glass is totally and completely half empty."

I swear, I'm gonna write a book some day and it's gonna be nothing but quotes from you. You have some of the best lines. :) I'll call it THe World According to Nikki. I'll bet it would sell. Just sayin'.... -- Skiri'ki (whose OpenID account is still mucked-up)

Nikki said...

phthaloblu...thanks for the great compliment, you are too kind to me!! I appreciate all of the comments and it makes me want to keep blogging with all of you great bloggers out there! Truly amazing the blogosphere is! :)N

namaste said...

how do i LOVE what nikki has to say? let me count the ways! (shakespeare people! try to keep up!) GREAT taking a break post. i LOVE when you "SPEAK"! ugh! good grief, you always keep it so real!

be my luvah woman! HUGS! lol!