Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A LITTLE OF THIS AND A LITTLE OF THAT.....



Chuck Sheen
I don't have a lot to say about the goings on in the news lately, so I'll keep my opining short and to the point. The news has been less than interesting barring a few strung out loon celebrities and some unrest in the Middle East. I suppose watching Charlie Sheen is more than any of us could ask, as far as train wrecks are concerned. Thanks for the distraction Chuck, try not to die. We've watched this scene before and won't be shocked at how this will end if you continue down this road. I hope the people around you aren't enabling fools that indulge your self-destructive behavior, but something tells me you aren't in good company. When all is said and done, the voyeur in me can't look away but the mother in me wants to. God bless and get well soon.

GLENN BECK

I like to have background noise when I shower and do other daily annoyances, so I decided to leave FOX on the idiot box while I do my daily putter. The Glenn Beck show came on and I couldn't help but listen to what seemed to be a hyper-active alarmist who made me want to go buy a tent, generator and a 3 year supply of Diet Coke and escape into the wilderness somewhere. Truly, I was scared. I am not shy about my less than enthusiastic impression of Glenn, but let me explain why I think he is dangerous. Yes, I said and I meant, dangerous....I didn't stammer. Now don't go postal Beck peeps. I don't think Glenn is dangerous in the sense of bombing DC or anything, but he is creating a culture of "let me do your thinking and researching for you." I have spoken to more than one Beck FAN that has asked me the same question more than once as though it was a legitimate reason to follow Glenn religiously. Number 1 was that he has a bigger staff than me and can research things and pass them on to us, the uneducated and retarded viewer. Number 2 was that he was honest and forthcoming in what said research offered to me the ignorant viewer. I stipulate that my job is not to dig deep into the happenings in Washington and beyond, but I'll be damned before I believe everything a buffoon on TV says, I don't care if it's the Easter Bunny speaking. Glenn offers himself as a renaissance man knowing everything from what our founding fathers were thinking, to what is REALLY going on in the Middle East. For the record, Glenn is no professor of life, politics or otherwise and excuse me if I choke while you invoke the Glenn Beck source as though you were quoting the Bible. The information you spew from his show is on its face one sided and yes, slanted. Could it be that he presents to us, the viewer, with the things that support HIS point of view like all the other talking trolls on TV? I encourage all you Beckies to use Google a little more often and stop telling me that he is a one stop shopping mall of knowledge called Glenn Britannica. This is where the danger lies. When you all stop doing your own "research" and forming your own "opinions" is where you lose me. I get the whole time restraints and resources beyond our capabilities act, but always remember ALL MEDIA TYPES LIE AND DISTORT. End. Of. Story. Now don't be a democrat and don't worship Glenn until he earns it or you will be another Kool-aid drinking fool like the Obamakins.

OSCAR WINFREY

I can't pass up an opportunity to make fun of the Oscars and Oprah Winfrey. First of all I struggled even watching the bloody award show. It could not have been any slower were we watching Madonna put on a corsette. Anne Hathaway and the Spiderman dude sucked lollipops and trust me, there was no tootsie roll in the middle. They were bitten by the NICE bug and made fun of NO ONE. WTF?? Where was Ricky Gervais? Freaking Mary Poppins and Mr. Rodgers were sedatives so powerful you could put Ambien out of business....HOLY SISTER THERESA BATMAN. Thank goodness someone dropped an F bomb and woke me up. Praise the FCC for making that a big effing deal. You saved my effing life.
Oprah couldn't have been a bigger tool. Her uppity accent is so fingers to a chalkboard retarded. Hey Oprah, Mrs. Lovey Howell called and wants off Gilligan's island so she can kick your ass for stealing her voice.
Totally happy that Colin Firth, who is a major HOTTIE, won best actor and The King's Speech won best picture. Academy got it right. Thanks for not pitching lesbian movies about kids who aren't alright as being alright as best in show. You still rock NOT my world but go see the King PEEPS....it is stellar. I love movies about Kings who have to overcome adversity like little people and I like movies where people have to act and act they do and phenomenally so.

7 comments:

Sandi said...

I agree with everything you said. Bye.

namaste said...

"Thanks for the distraction Chuck, try not to die. "

is it sick that i found that line LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY? your summation about chuck is just how i feel. it is hard to watch.

sandi, you gave me a giggle, btw. so cute.

WOO-HOO!! american polichics is back! i am SO gonna tune in! *wink*

i like these brief reports!

Pedaling said...

k- I might regret posting this one, because, Nikki, gotta be honest here... sometimes you scare me. ;)
If we had a war on words, you'd win every time,
but, here goes:

Is it not possible to like a TV personality, yet not necessarily agree with every thing he or she (Sarah Palin) says?...Is it not possible to respect that person for what they are willing to put on the line (for instance their life and reputation)? Especially when they speak what you are ALREADY thinking and which proves to be true time & time again?
There's nothing dangerous about Glenn Beck--that is unless you are way over there on the far left. Nothing to be afraid of, at all.

As far as Hollywood and Sheen go...Sheen, Wow, he sure can deliver when needed! and the Kings Speech...awesome movie, glad they got that one right. Too bad the film deserving the award for best documentary - Waiting on Superman- didn't even get nominated...no room for any of that anti-teachers union, pro-parental choice & charter school type of movies at the academy.

Nikki said...

Pedaling....don't be scared!! Your opinion should never flow through mine, that is the point of the post. I think you make a valid point. It is definitely possible to enjoy the personality of Glenn and not always the opinion offered. It just struck me as interesting that the same argument was made by 2 very, very AVID Glenn Beck fans who bragged about Beck's research savvy and then their not needing to do it because he does it for them. I don't think we as Americans should ever relinquish that responsibility. It is dangerous to think that Glenn does a lot of thinking for a lot of people. He has a lot of power and his politics are extreme in my view, and I am a conservative and find myself uneasy with his banter. We are taught to trust our instincts and much of my judgment of him is my gut telling me that he is too big for his britches and is off the path of clear minded thinking. Make no mistake, people eventually reveal themselves especially when they feel it is safe and they are invincible, much like Glenn did recently with his comments comparing a Jewish Rabbi to a Muslim extremist. Red flag right there. His drama is not for me, but yes you can enjoy his showmanship and not necessarily take the pill. No one person, party or cable channel holds a monopoly on trustworthy reporting....it is easier to soak it up when we are all in agreement. But remember the truth will not always fall on the side of conservatism so you must sift through the mud for what will always be muddied up truth. For me, conservatism is the best we have in the political arena, but is far from perfect in philosophical ideas! Always feel comfortable to disagree as I will never appease any reader. You get my honest opinion and I expect the same from you....hugs :)N

Rick Frea said...

I think that Beck simply wants people to think for themselves, and dig a little deeper than what is just on the surface. He wants us to enjoy the good life, but he wants us to be vigilant.

MRMacrum said...

Contrary to "Pedaling" and in agreement with you, I find Beck to be very dangerous also. But not so much because of him, but because of the willingness of a major network to even offer him a podium to speak from. The danger goes way deeper than his form an opinion first and then manipulate facts to make that opinion seem plausible to the people who would rather let someone else do their thinking for them.

The danger of apathy has now become the danger of lemmings. On both sides of the aisle.

And BTW, I am stocking up on Slim Jims and Gatorade.

MRMacrum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.