1. Illegal Aliens Are Here Illegally. My commentary: No shit. As someone who lives in a border state and has used "illegal aliens" regularly, I am not going to hypocritically marry this philosophy. Besides, thanks for stating the obvious and unfortunately the original tea party kinda was here illegally, too. Just sayin.
2. Pro-Domestic Employment Is Indispensable. My commentary: Meaning?? I got nothin.
3. Stronger Military Is Essential. My commentary: I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. But let's get this one thing straight, I am not an isolationist.
4.Special Interests Eliminated. My commentary: Isn't the tea party itself a "special interest" group? I'm confused. Not only that, but in a democracy I think freedom of speech and expression are essential and belonging to a group that has a very special interest in how the government taxes it's people should be free to exist. Don't contradict yourself party of tea.
5. Gun Ownership Is Sacred. My commentary: No it isn't. Don't say stupid shit. When something is sacred it denotes a divine purpose and gun ownership while constitutional and a right, is certainly not sacred. I'm pretty sure that even though we all are entitled to shoot ourselves and others with a machine gun, the government has tanks, fighter jets, bombs....the nuclear kind and they would pretty much kick your handgun's ass. Just sayin. Keep it real tea party.
6. Government Must Be Downsized. My commentary: straight up, I'll give you that one. But let's not go overboard with asinine anarchy speech. Education and some taxation are essential. While you like to pee on the Bush administration for his "growing the government" let's not forget that the war on terror is real, on-going and that means it never ends. Let's be realistic about our goals and maintain a balanced approach to what this means. Extreme positions that infer a complete governmental retreat is stupid.
7. National Budget Must Be Balanced. My commentary: OK, maybe. Not sure why, but I will concede that a severe audit of waste should be done, but from where I sit that just means that the mafia will do it's own audit. Again, blanket statements of absolutes don't work in this gray area ridden mind. Explain further.
8. Deficit Spending Will End. My commentary: I'm no rocket economist, but logic would dictate that some deficit spending in times of recession is necessary. Now shut-up about excessive spending, no dah. Of course it should be minimal and disciplined. Obama took it to a ridiculous level, let's agree on that. But it needs to be an option....
9. Bail-Out And Stimulus Plans Are Illegal. My commentary: Unless those bail-outs directly benefit American citizens. I agree, no stimulus plan has ever stimulated and gross bail-outs to corporations don't work. But bail me out. All. Day. Long. I think we may be in agreement here.
10. Reduce Personal Income Taxes A Must. My commentary: Yes it is.
11. Reduce Business Income Taxes Are Mandatory. My commentary: Totally!!
12. Political Offices Available To Average Citizens. My commentary: For real! bitches!!
13. Intrusive Government Stopped. My commentary: YES! YES! YES!!
14. English As Core Language Is Required. My commentary: I mean, snore. Do I care?? No
15. Traditional Family Values Are Encouraged. My commentary: No. Family Values are a Must. Don't go guns are sacred, less government and downplay the most important issue of all. Get some backbone tea party. Stand for something greater than lowering my taxes. YO!
There you have it folks. Keep it real and keep it logical. I'm not a tea party member, whatever that means. I do belong to the Nikki party of cool, independent politics. And sucka don't play me. If I choose to wear pink lipstick with green eyeshadow that's my choice. You don't like my view on gay marriage, gun control or my voluptuous figure, shove it. I may be merging two worlds, but I feel the Republican party slipping into ridiculous, vitriolic territory. I'm going independent if that happens. My individuality is much more important to me than conformity. My own life is filled with those who accept me as I am and I will not be party to a party who throws non-negotiable ideals at me. So is it with the people around me. I'm me and you can kiss this...or not. Either way I will always be in love with me, the most. I AM OUT.